Agh. Two months? I can't believe that our sweet pea is two months old! It is unreal how fast it has gone. I wish so much that I could freeze time.....so much.
She weighs over 13lbs...I think...I'll know after her appt on Tuesday and still likes to nurse every couple of hours during the day. She's got sweet chubby cheeks and delicious arm and leg rolls. She takes a bottle, but has only had one a handful of times. I've only left her for an hour to get my haircut and then to take the boys to the Lego movie with Jason. We stick pretty close and I don't mind it one bit. :) Jason and I are hoping to go on a date one of these days though...
Lets talk about sleep. This girl has been rocking it. With no help from us yet.....I really hope that I didn't just jinx us. :) She's on a fairly consistent day time schedule. When we are home she takes three naps. An am one in her crib...a long mid-day one in our room in her pack n play since B still naps in her room (a transition that we will be making soon will be for him to nap in his own room, so that Ruthie can nap in her crib), and another late afternoon in her crib. She's still sleeping at night in her pack n play in our room and goes down to bed right around 7 and sleeps roughly 9-11 hours straight. What an absolute blessing. It still takes roughly an hour to get her down...it starts with bath..nurse...lay down...wake up 5 minutes later....attempt to burp (girlfriend does not like to burp at night) lay down with binky...wakes up 10 minutes later...I always nurse her again...attempt to burp and rock ...lay down with binky...and out for the night. She used to hate taking her binky and I wouldn't even bother giving it to her....but this also meant that it could take up to two hours of me nursing her on and off to get her down....
She is such a sweet and happy little baby for an hour after she wakes up and then it's over. She is ready for sleep. I keep her up for almost two hours before bedtime, which means that we are walking around a lot with her and singing ridiculous songs.
Bathtime is one of her favorites until she has to get out. Then she likes to cry the whole time, while I'm dressing her. My awesome singing doesn't even help. Hmm...that reminds me of my last chubby baby....
She smiles and coos All of the Time. She completely melts me!
Her eyes are still blue and so bright. I'm pretty sure that they sparkle. :)
The boys still love her...kiss her...and fight over holding her all of the time. She loves to watch them run around like mad men.
She's always moving her arms and legs around like a wild woman.
She has discovered her hands and is always trying to eat them.
She is great at tummy time for a short period of time. She has started doing little push ups when she is on it.
I am slowly integrating cloth diapers into our lives! She even has a pink one now. :)
She does not love her carseat.....Brohdy round two....
Her nicknames include, but are no limited to; sweet cheeks, sissy Lou, Ru-Lou, sweet pea, and sweetie pie..
She loves talking to her daddy....that girl has turned her daddy into a bit of a softy lately. Ahh...the power of a daughter. :)
I feel like I'm finally getting this whole three kid thing down. I braved taking all three of them to Costco one day for a quick trip, but I still haven't tackled the grocery store. The boys have been acting out less due to me having more energy....and patience. Don't get me wrong...we still have outbursts and I still snap at them, but it has been happening less and less....I love the way that prayer works. :)
We just love this girl. She is just the sweetest little thing and has stolen my heart. I tear up all of the time when she talks to me. She is just the best. We are so thankful for the joy that she has brought into our home!
I have other life updates on my sweet little hooligans that I'll write about this week.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
She weighs over 13lbs...I think...I'll know after her appt on Tuesday and still likes to nurse every couple of hours during the day. She's got sweet chubby cheeks and delicious arm and leg rolls. She takes a bottle, but has only had one a handful of times. I've only left her for an hour to get my haircut and then to take the boys to the Lego movie with Jason. We stick pretty close and I don't mind it one bit. :) Jason and I are hoping to go on a date one of these days though...
Lets talk about sleep. This girl has been rocking it. With no help from us yet.....I really hope that I didn't just jinx us. :) She's on a fairly consistent day time schedule. When we are home she takes three naps. An am one in her crib...a long mid-day one in our room in her pack n play since B still naps in her room (a transition that we will be making soon will be for him to nap in his own room, so that Ruthie can nap in her crib), and another late afternoon in her crib. She's still sleeping at night in her pack n play in our room and goes down to bed right around 7 and sleeps roughly 9-11 hours straight. What an absolute blessing. It still takes roughly an hour to get her down...it starts with bath..nurse...lay down...wake up 5 minutes later....attempt to burp (girlfriend does not like to burp at night) lay down with binky...wakes up 10 minutes later...I always nurse her again...attempt to burp and rock ...lay down with binky...and out for the night. She used to hate taking her binky and I wouldn't even bother giving it to her....but this also meant that it could take up to two hours of me nursing her on and off to get her down....
She is such a sweet and happy little baby for an hour after she wakes up and then it's over. She is ready for sleep. I keep her up for almost two hours before bedtime, which means that we are walking around a lot with her and singing ridiculous songs.
Bathtime is one of her favorites until she has to get out. Then she likes to cry the whole time, while I'm dressing her. My awesome singing doesn't even help. Hmm...that reminds me of my last chubby baby....
She smiles and coos All of the Time. She completely melts me!
Her eyes are still blue and so bright. I'm pretty sure that they sparkle. :)
The boys still love her...kiss her...and fight over holding her all of the time. She loves to watch them run around like mad men.
She's always moving her arms and legs around like a wild woman.
She has discovered her hands and is always trying to eat them.
She is great at tummy time for a short period of time. She has started doing little push ups when she is on it.
I am slowly integrating cloth diapers into our lives! She even has a pink one now. :)
She does not love her carseat.....Brohdy round two....
Her nicknames include, but are no limited to; sweet cheeks, sissy Lou, Ru-Lou, sweet pea, and sweetie pie..
She loves talking to her daddy....that girl has turned her daddy into a bit of a softy lately. Ahh...the power of a daughter. :)
I feel like I'm finally getting this whole three kid thing down. I braved taking all three of them to Costco one day for a quick trip, but I still haven't tackled the grocery store. The boys have been acting out less due to me having more energy....and patience. Don't get me wrong...we still have outbursts and I still snap at them, but it has been happening less and less....I love the way that prayer works. :)
We just love this girl. She is just the sweetest little thing and has stolen my heart. I tear up all of the time when she talks to me. She is just the best. We are so thankful for the joy that she has brought into our home!
I have other life updates on my sweet little hooligans that I'll write about this week.
These pictures are all from her second month of life!
6 Weeks Old!
Trey's sideburns were out of control. :)
IPHONE PICS!


























Comments
Post a Comment