Happenings

 I feel like a lot has happened the past couple of weeks, but I keep forgetting to add them into my blog. First off.....How about them Niners???? We are incredibly excited that they FINALLY made it to the Superbowl again! I still can hardly believe it. I can't wait until next week. Go Niners!!!

Back to the boys. My eye doctor suggested to me that I should have Trey's first eye appointment soon since my vision is so poor. I thought to myself, no big deal since Trey seems to have eagle eye vision. He can point out the smallest objects on our walks and drives and I've never noticed him squinting, so in we went. Trey did so great and even sat still when they had to scan his eyes. We walked out of there discovering that the kid has astigmatism and is also far sighted in his right eye. Glasses here we come! We still haven't picked out a frame yet....I can't decide if we should get him some funky ones or the typical, little boy ones. He likes both of them as do we. We're going to look again tomorrow, so he should hopefully have his pair by next week. I feel bad that he has to start wearing glasses at the mere age of 3 1/2, but I'm also thankful that it can be corrected. We still have questions about what he should do when he plays soccer this year, but for now we're just trying to figure out how we're going to keep glasses on an extremely active little boy. He does look beyond adorable in them!




Now we just have to break the nap and bedtime thumb sucking, so we don't have to pay for braces. :) We're getting close to having the habit broken, but it has been a challenge. He only sucks it during sleep times most days, but we also catch him trying to suck it when he's overwhelmed by new surroundings. We're trying to talk positively with him about stopping and are even offering up a sweet prize if he can go a duration without his thumb in his mouth. I'll keep you posted on his progress. :)

I don't know what it is about Saturday and Sunday, but I really don't enjoy cooking dinner. I'll make breakfast and lunch, but I have a hard time mustering up the energy to plan our meals. Jason has decided that he's tired of scrambling to find food on these days, so he took matters into his own hands and has started to cook our dinner on these two nights. Here's a couple of his creations:

Zucchini Pizza


Making turkey and feta meatballs



I quite enjoy this new hobby of his.... :)

The boys are enjoying their new ball pit. Trey enjoys it so much that he made it into a bed. I went to grab my camera and when I came back he had his pants and socks off. Get comfortable buddy. :)




The boys and I got bored tonight and decided to take a stroll through our house....all holding hands. Moments like these make my mama heart burst.




Water Break

Have a great weekend!

Comments