Chance of Snow and Sewing

What a fun, but busy weekend! How about them Niners?? It was a very stressful, but exciting day in our household. Jason and I both have been Niner fans since we were kids and we finally are good again!!! Hooray! We also saw our first snow yesterday, though it didn't stick around for very long. We woke up again to more snow, which has already melted away. The rumor is that we're supposed to get some more tonight. Our weather is so unpredictable, but we love Oregon!

We were also super busy this past weekend organizing and sprucing up the house. Jason has been diligently working on our garage, while I've been sprucing up the inside. I sewed some pillows, which look wonderful from the front, but please don't ever turn them over to see my envelope pockets that don't quite match up. My mom was just happy that I didn't cut my fingers off with her rotary cutter. I'm well known for being a dangerous cutter. Oh, well. :)



Here's a Valentines Day wreath that I whipped up as well.




On top of that we played and played some more and snuck in a long walk. I brought in Trey's trike, so that he can get some practice on it and hopefully be ready to go by the spring to ride with his neighbor buddies. I was quite tired by the end of the weekend, so today we're having a lazy day with potato soup cooking in the crock pot. I love cold and cozy days!!

Oh, these boys. Brohdy loves taking baths with his brother. He continued to scoot closer and closer to Trey.

Brohdy sucking in his lip.
Trey is running so fast as he likes to tell us...he does this all day...no jokeGetting there!

I wanted to be a tad random and end on some quotes that I heard this past week at Club Mom and at Church.

Here are few awesome quotes from Club Mom:

God calls us to be faithful not to be uptight.
Linda Anderson

and this AWESOME one:

O dear mothers, you have a very sacred trust reposed in you by God! He hath in
effect said to you, “Take this child and nurse it for Me, and I will give thee thy
wages.” You are called to equip the future man of God, that he may be thoroughly
furnished unto every good work. If God spares you, you may live to hear that pretty
boy speak to thousands, and you will have the sweet reflection in your heart that the
quiet teachings of the nursery led the man to love his God and serve Him. Those who
think that a woman detained at home by her little family is doing nothing, think the
reverse of what is true. Scarcely can the godly mother quit her home for a place of
worship; but dream not that she is lost to the work of the church; far from it, she is
doing the best possible service for her Lord. Mothers, the godly training of your
offspring is your first and most pressing duty.
Charles Spurgeon

Can I get an Amen? :)

And I'll end my quote party with Philippians 4:9


Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Our pastor discussed modeling for your children. How children do not just become kind and gracious. You have to teach them manners...teach them kindness. No one wants to be around bratty kids is what I was always told...haha. Seriously though, I truly believe that it is so, so, so important to teach your children grace and kindness at the earliest possible time! They will not always be these things, this I have learned, but nothing is better than when your kid says please and thank you or is kind to other kids and adults.

Have a happy week!

Comments