His weight gain has slowed down a tad, which I was told is completely normal ( I, of course was secretly trying not to have a panic attack :)) by our wonderful doctor. He weighs in at almost 18lbs and is only 25.79 inches long. He is short and chubby with a LARGE head. :) She told me that he could have another slow weight gain since I'm nursing and not to freak out. Ok, she said not to worry. I was saying not to freak out in my head. He's happy and healthy and for that I'm thankful! :)
·He is still a rock star sleeper. The little guy still requires three naps per day since I’ve bumped his bedtime to almost 7 pm. FINALLY! He can stay up until 7. I’m going to start to slowly stretch his awake time to 2 ½ hours though, so that we can go to two naps. We will see how he handles it. :)
· He started solids!! He is a beast and loves his oatmeal. I made him some sweet potatoes and will introduce them to him this weekend. Poor kid. He’s been dying to eat and has made me feel guilty the past couple of months for not feeding him. He would stare so intently at us, while we all ate.
· He can sit up completely on his own with no support! He loves sitting up and playing with his toys. He’s also rolled over from his back a few times…though I think that he purposely chooses not to roll over from his back. He smirks every time he almost gets there and doesn’t complete the task. I don’t think that he will be crawling this month like his brother did since he hates being on his tummy. My vote is 8 months, his daddy would like to say sooner, but I think that Brohdy will take his sweet time.
· He is still so sweet and mellow. I would hold him…all day…all darn day…if he would let me. He has proven to be feisty though when you take something away from him. He could get that quality from me…maybe. He still constantly laughs and smiles. I feel so blessed for this. I can’t thank Jesus enough for his sweet spirit….and maybe for the fact that he looks a tad more like me than his daddy.
· Speaking of his daddy…he loves him. It has started. He will be nursing…hear Jason…and completely turn his head upside to stare at him. Now this is a big move since the kid loves to eat. It is so sweet.
· He loves his big brother and his big brother sure loves him. Trey hugs and kisses him periodically throughout the day. I think that Trey might be doing it for my reaction since it completely melts me every time, but whatever, I’ll take it. :) I think that these two will be best buddies soon enough.
· He is still rocking his G Diapers. I have been able to get them to not leak at nap time, but I’m too scared…ok…maybe lazy to test them out at night. I like my sleep.
· Nursing is going GREAT this time. I have officially passed the mark when I stopped with Trey. Hooray! I’m going to keep going until Brohdy weans, but no longer than the one year recommended cut off. I’m playing it by ear. I do feel guilty that I didn't nurse Trey a bit longer, though I pumped enough milk for Trey to have breast milk until he turned 10 months. Being a first time mom is such a BIG adjustment and I was overwhelmed. I’m proud that I made it as long as I did, but I wish that I would have pushed for just a tad longer… I give props to any mom who even tries breast feeding!! It’s a hard thing to get through the first time...and sometimes each time. I’ll give you hope though that the second time is so much easier. You’re just so much more relaxed and calm the second time around. It is the greatest thing.
Oh, Brohdy. You’re my little buddy. I love spending time with you and I am so thankful that you’re you. I love being a mom of two boys so much. Now, if we could only slow down your life…just a bit…
I will update you with another post on Trey-man soon.


Comments
Post a Comment