Hello! We have been thoroughly enjoying the awesome weather this week. I love fall weather as long as it doesn't rain. I love the snugly clothes that I get to dress the boys in and I love bundling them up for our walks! Yesterday I ran for the first ti me outside with the boys. I have been running on the treadmill a few days a week since Brohdy's little head just wasn't quite ready for the fast pace..ok somewhat fast pace of the BOB. It felt soooo good to run outside even though I was pushing almost 50lbs of boys. It was interesting trying to answer the thousand questions that Trey always asks as I was huffing and puffing though....
Trey baffled me yesterday. We were sitting in the playroom playing with his letters and I asked him what a word spelled that was written on the easel by his overzealous father. He looks at it and nonchalantly says, "Mom." What? When did he learn how to put letter sounds together? I thought that it was a fluke, so I asked him what another word said. It took him more time putting the sounds together, but he then proceeded to say, "Apple." And then Truck...and dad..you get the picture. I had to text Jason and he's like, "Yeah, that's what we work on now every night in the bathtub." Goodness. That kid is smart. We never like to brag about our kid (Oh who am I kidding...:)), but we are pretty proud of him (meaning Jason made me write this post! :) ) and I needed to have this moment saved! I have a feeling that he's going to be like his dad and be obnoxiously smart. His love for Lola has tapered back a bit...he still bugs the crud out of her, but at least he's doing it in a soft way such as...head locking her in a hug....feeding her his dinner...and laying in her dog bed. The cars don't get tossed at her and she doesn't sprint away from him like she used to...time outs can do wonderful things. :)
We are still enjoying the mom mobile! Trey loves the big windows and asks daily if he can go for a ride in the new van. The boys continue to keep me busy. I'm losing the going to the store with two kids anxiety and I'm thankful for that. I'm also getting a bit better at time management. I had a discussion with my friend Stacey (Hi S!) last week about this. I'm a person who always feels that everything has to be done RIGHT now...like RIGHT NOW, so I would find myself attempting to complete a million tasks all at once...even when the boys were awake. Then I would proceed to feel guilty for cleaning out their closet when I should have been playing with them. The guilt just wasn't worth it. The weird thing is that the less pressure I put on myself...the more tasks I complete....God is amazing, isn't he? I love the way that He works! Reading One Thousand Gifts really helped me with this concept also...I love that book!
I will leave you with some new pics of the boys....most are of Brohdy since Trey has decided that he's too cool for the camera...look at the Brohd sitting up in his Boppy...STOP GROWING kid!!

Comments
Post a Comment