Camping

We had a busy extended weekend!

We met up with my brother and his family and took the kiddos to the annual Steam Up that is held in Brooks, Oregon. It was so big that we didn't have time to go through the whole thing. It had a ton of trains, trucks, logging equipment and cars. I suggest taking your kiddo if they have a love for anything that has an engine! I loved watching Trey's face as we walked around. He was speechless.





I can't believe that he napped during the whole thing...it was crazy loud





Look at that old log truck in the background




Just one of the many trains



Best Friends



We then headed to he Umpqua to go camping with both sets of our parents. The campground ending up not being as great as we anticipated, but the view was gorgeous and the river was a walk away. Treyton had a blast being a hooligan and playing in the dirt and water. He took a long nap in his gramma Sue and grandpa Tim's truck and then went straight back to being a dirty hooligan. He got to stay up late and sleep with just his daddy in the tent, while Brohdy slept with me in my folk's trailer. Trey also woke up super early to his dad's dismay. :) Brodhy slept like a rockstar. Taking long naps in the trailer and sleeping from 8-5 and then until 8 the first night and from 6:30 -3:00 and then until 7:00 AM the second. Both boys caught runny noses after their vaccines, which kind of stunk, but it didn't seem to bother them too much. Trey gets a runny nose every single time after vaccines and it looks like Brohdy is following suit...random, I know.

We explored the river, ate good food and had good conversations. I was in my folk'
s trailer a lot with Brohdy...nursing and putting him down for naps, so I was bummed that I had to miss out on a lot of Trey's hooligan ways. Thank goodness that he has awesome grandparents that helped out and an awesome daddy who took him potty a zillion times. I'm looking forward to next year when Brohdy will be running around with Trey. Camping with a newborn wasn't the most relaxing vacation, but I'm thankful that Trey got to experience another camping trip. Camping with my family is my fondest childhood memory. I can still remember in detail riding my bike around different campgrounds...playing cops and robbers with my cousins....creating a basketball hoop out of our parent's beer boxes...eating smores...being disgustingly dirty...fishing with my dad....going camping with just my dad and bro....I could on and on. Camping is so amazing as a child and I look forward to the numerous trips that we will be making as a family. I think that I've almost sweet talked my husband into looking into tent trailers. I really want to be able to take the boys on more camping trips next year and our giant tent just isn't cutting it for this mama. I love having a shower and toilet just as much as I love sitting around a campfire. That's not too much to ask, is it? :)

Sacrificing a fab tan for this chubby baby boy....I felt like Mary Poppins...I even tried to dance like her.




Dog Party



Gramps caught a fish for Trey...Trey then proceeded to almost take a bite out of it...haha



Exploring with grandpa




Oh LuLu...she did amazingly well with the public this trip. :)




Camping is serious business for a two year old



What kid doesn't like smores....oh wait....mine...I happily ate his share, while he ate boring graham crackers




Trey loves his Cooper!




Nothing like an outdoor shower...Trey found this to be hilarious!








We have been super busy this week working on projects around the house. I bought some new plants for the front and Jason is getting close to being able to complete our fence lattice project. I am also soooo close to being done with the boy's room. I'm hoping Brohdy will be in there around four months, so I have to get it done soon. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week next week and being able to catch up with friends. I hope that you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Comments