*Trey is too smart for his own good! He knows how to sweet talk his parents into almost anything by repeating himself about an hundred times until we cave.
* This is kid is a fast learner and I swear that he learns something new every day. He recites his ABC’s like a champ, counts to 20 and speaks in full sentences. He’ starts to try to say so much at once that he stutters. The funny thing is that I do that too when I get excited about something.
*He’s still all boy. He’s obsessed with anything with wheels, balls, airplanes and tools. He does get to mix it up a bit and play with Kaylie’s stroller and doll houses though. Jason loves that.
*My baby is now sleeping in a big boy bed. We started by just taking naps in it for a week and now he’s sleeping all night in it as well. I was worried that he would not sleep as well in it, but he’s still taking his 3 hour nap and sleeping 12-13 hours in at night. I love that kid. I'm so proud of him, but so sad that he's big enough for a "Big Boy" bed. Brohdy will be inheriting the crib now once he’s sleeping all night. He’s just napping in it for now. Have I mentioned that my boys will be sharing a room? I’ll post pictures of the set up once we get the BoSox wall hung back up on the wall. This a transition that I’m nervous about, so I will keep you posted on the progress.
*Trey is still day timed potty trained. I’m waiting for him to wake up drier before I even begin to night train him. The kid can pee. He only gets treats for when he poops on the potty now, which is something that he gets so excited about…gotta love boys.
*He’s still overly obsessed with his daddy. Mama does not exist on the weekends. “Trey, can I read you that book?” (After he has asked his daddy three times to read it) His response…”Daddy read it?” Ouch. It used to bother me, but it just cracks me up now. He stalks Jason. Seriously. It’s hilarious. He likes me during the week, so that’s enough for me. :)
*He still will not hold his brother, but check out this sweet picture of him kissing Brodhy. He likes to help me with him now, so that’s been nice!
*His toddler meltdowns are epic. Wow. I didn’t know what a fit was until he turned two. I’m talking screaming and throwing toys. Ridiculous people. For some reason he has forgotten how to use the words yes and thank you too. What a bummer. He used to say thank you for every little thing to everyone. The past couple of days have been much better, so I’m blaming them on his two year molars…haha. I can wish, right? Goodness. I’ve learned the best way to deal with his fits and rudeness is to say, “I’m sorry that you feel that way,” sit his tush in timeout…ignore him until he calms down and then explain to him what was wrong, make him say sorry and of course he has to give me a snotty kiss. We had one day that I’m pretty sure he sat in time out half the day…haha. The best story was when we were driving home from swimming lessons. Brohdy was crying and Trey decided that he would add to the party and start screeching, I’m talking screeching like a girl. I asked him to please not do that, because he is a big boy and that it hurts mommy’s ears. Well, that didn’t work since he was determined to be a stinker. He was up to ten minutes of timeouts by the time that we got home. All I could was to stare straight ahead and laugh. Really? Aggh…pray for my patience friends. :) He’s lucky that he’s so darn cute and that I love him so much.
*He is loving his swim lessons and Little Gym. He’s the least shy kid in Little Gym and he loves to flirt with the cute instructor. Geeze kid…you’re only two!!
*This age is not all bad though! I promise. It’s so much fun to watch him learn. He’s also insanely funny and makes me laugh so much. I still feel guilty at times when He asks me to play cars and I’m right in the middle of a nursing session. I wish that there were two of me at those moments, so that he never felt like I was putting him second. I have to remind myself so much that this time will pass and he and Brohdy will be playing cars together in no time. I try my best to have Trey and Mommy time, but it can be hard and it’s impossible not to feel guilty. He doesn’t show any signs of resentment towards Brodhy and for that I’m thankful.
In conclusion, being two has its testing moments, but it is out numbered by the sweet ones. I seriously love this age and wish that life had a pause buttons. Life keeps on trucking a long and I feel like I’m gripping on for dear life to make it stop!
Jason found this picture to be funny. Trey is checking out my phone, I'm waiting for one of Brodhy's sweet smiles, and Lola is being fat and lazy. Isn't our family lovely?

He is so into chalk now...he did some lovely art work on our fence and back deck when I took the bbq food in the house the other day...Thank goodness it's washable or Jason might have divorced me.

He loves his "Have Fun with Daddy in the Water" nights!
* This is kid is a fast learner and I swear that he learns something new every day. He recites his ABC’s like a champ, counts to 20 and speaks in full sentences. He’ starts to try to say so much at once that he stutters. The funny thing is that I do that too when I get excited about something.
*He’s still all boy. He’s obsessed with anything with wheels, balls, airplanes and tools. He does get to mix it up a bit and play with Kaylie’s stroller and doll houses though. Jason loves that.
*My baby is now sleeping in a big boy bed. We started by just taking naps in it for a week and now he’s sleeping all night in it as well. I was worried that he would not sleep as well in it, but he’s still taking his 3 hour nap and sleeping 12-13 hours in at night. I love that kid. I'm so proud of him, but so sad that he's big enough for a "Big Boy" bed. Brohdy will be inheriting the crib now once he’s sleeping all night. He’s just napping in it for now. Have I mentioned that my boys will be sharing a room? I’ll post pictures of the set up once we get the BoSox wall hung back up on the wall. This a transition that I’m nervous about, so I will keep you posted on the progress.
*Trey is still day timed potty trained. I’m waiting for him to wake up drier before I even begin to night train him. The kid can pee. He only gets treats for when he poops on the potty now, which is something that he gets so excited about…gotta love boys.
*He’s still overly obsessed with his daddy. Mama does not exist on the weekends. “Trey, can I read you that book?” (After he has asked his daddy three times to read it) His response…”Daddy read it?” Ouch. It used to bother me, but it just cracks me up now. He stalks Jason. Seriously. It’s hilarious. He likes me during the week, so that’s enough for me. :)
*He still will not hold his brother, but check out this sweet picture of him kissing Brodhy. He likes to help me with him now, so that’s been nice!
*His toddler meltdowns are epic. Wow. I didn’t know what a fit was until he turned two. I’m talking screaming and throwing toys. Ridiculous people. For some reason he has forgotten how to use the words yes and thank you too. What a bummer. He used to say thank you for every little thing to everyone. The past couple of days have been much better, so I’m blaming them on his two year molars…haha. I can wish, right? Goodness. I’ve learned the best way to deal with his fits and rudeness is to say, “I’m sorry that you feel that way,” sit his tush in timeout…ignore him until he calms down and then explain to him what was wrong, make him say sorry and of course he has to give me a snotty kiss. We had one day that I’m pretty sure he sat in time out half the day…haha. The best story was when we were driving home from swimming lessons. Brohdy was crying and Trey decided that he would add to the party and start screeching, I’m talking screeching like a girl. I asked him to please not do that, because he is a big boy and that it hurts mommy’s ears. Well, that didn’t work since he was determined to be a stinker. He was up to ten minutes of timeouts by the time that we got home. All I could was to stare straight ahead and laugh. Really? Aggh…pray for my patience friends. :) He’s lucky that he’s so darn cute and that I love him so much.
*He is loving his swim lessons and Little Gym. He’s the least shy kid in Little Gym and he loves to flirt with the cute instructor. Geeze kid…you’re only two!!
*This age is not all bad though! I promise. It’s so much fun to watch him learn. He’s also insanely funny and makes me laugh so much. I still feel guilty at times when He asks me to play cars and I’m right in the middle of a nursing session. I wish that there were two of me at those moments, so that he never felt like I was putting him second. I have to remind myself so much that this time will pass and he and Brohdy will be playing cars together in no time. I try my best to have Trey and Mommy time, but it can be hard and it’s impossible not to feel guilty. He doesn’t show any signs of resentment towards Brodhy and for that I’m thankful.
In conclusion, being two has its testing moments, but it is out numbered by the sweet ones. I seriously love this age and wish that life had a pause buttons. Life keeps on trucking a long and I feel like I’m gripping on for dear life to make it stop!
Jason found this picture to be funny. Trey is checking out my phone, I'm waiting for one of Brodhy's sweet smiles, and Lola is being fat and lazy. Isn't our family lovely?
He is so into chalk now...he did some lovely art work on our fence and back deck when I took the bbq food in the house the other day...Thank goodness it's washable or Jason might have divorced me.
He loves his "Have Fun with Daddy in the Water" nights!
Comments
Post a Comment