Easter

We had a great Easter weekend. We spent Good Friday together as a family and snuck off to Eugene to get Trey's birthday present. I'm trying to have his party all in order before Brohdy gets here. His theme is going to be so much fun and I'm looking forward to sharing pictures with you all. :)

We did the usual Easter festivities of dying Easter eggs, baking, cooking and eating with the family. It was a fun filled weekend of appreciating what Jesus did for us! This a small excerpt from the book "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. "When I was a kid, I always wondered why the cross, Jesus' crucifixion, was a big deal. If God the Father knew he was going to raise his Son from the dead, how was that a sacrifice? But now I understand why God doesn't view Easter as just the endgame, just the empty tomb. I understand completely. I would've done anything, anything, to stop Coltons* suffering, including trading places with him. The scripture says that as Jesus gave up his spirit, as he sagged there, lifeless on the Roman cross, God the Father turned his back. I am convinced that he did that because if he had kept on watching, he couldn't have gone through with it." *Colton is the authors 4 year old son who was very sick and nearly died


He is Risen!


Getting ready to play with his cousins



Jason holding Bronson....we are so looking forward to this again!





The yummy ham that I made before it went into the oven




Handy Manny!





Bronco




Handy Manny Pez that Mommy and Daddy enjoyed eating






Loved hunting for eggs




How Many?




They're not pretty



So much fun!






Trey had so much fun hunting for eggs!






I'm working on some projects that I will post about later. I hope that you all are having a fab weekend!

Comments

  1. Love the ham! I SO want to do this now. And REALLY love your sweet pregger belly! Can't wait to see Brohdy.
    Let me know when you got your TOMS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment