Redwoods Camping Trip

We headed out to the Redwoods last Sunday for an Enright family camping trip. We first stopped in Coos Bay and stayed the night. We were able to visit Kayla and her kiddos including their new adorable addition, Henry. Her parents had an awesome patio and we all sat around blew bubbles and watched Thomas and Trey play. What a fun day! It made me look forward to hopefully adding another little one to our family!

We then were able to visit Ali and Ryan! I was so excited to see them and hear all about their wedding. They even shared their wedding pics with us. As usual our visit was too short, but it was so good to see them. I'm looking forward to the upcoming football season when they attend some Beaver games. Go Beavers Ali! :)


The next day we took off for the Redwoods. We stopped and visited Paul and Babe along the way, which was really important to me. My parents took my brother and me there when were little and I was so excited to be able to take Trey! I love passing along traditions to him. :)

We camped at Elk Praire Creek, which was gorgeous! We all squished into one site with Tim and Sue's truck, their relatives motor home, our GIANT tent, and our Jeep. We were quite the sight. :) We were very lucky to be able to have Trey take his two naps in Tim and Sue's truck. He slept for over two hours each time in there. I think that he was trying to make up for getting woken up by Lola by 6 or even before 6 some mornings...arggh! Trey slept better than our dog...kind of sad, huh? Haha. Nothing that some good campfire coffee couldn't fix! We went on some beautiful hikes throughout the redwoods. Some Elk even graced us with their presence. They are such a sight to see. I, of course was a little weary of them, because I had Trey on my back and almost sprinted past them on our hike. I think that I have watched a few too many, "Animals Gone Bad," shows. :)

The trip was amazing. No phone service, which made us appreciate God's creations even more. It was so relaxing and Trey had so much fun! He loved being outside pointing out every and little thing that passed us by. Camping with my family is by far my favorite childhood memory and it makes me so happy to know that we're starting this same tradition with our little man. He has the outdoor gene in him and I can't wait to take him fishing...maybe even hunting. :)



Thank you to Tim and Sue for making this trip happen! We can't wait for next year and for Uncle Jarod to join us.


Beautiful pics that Tim tookWe looked for a four leaf on every hike...no such luck

Cold little Cooper



This kid is a dada's boy



Loving on my little hooligan


Paul!



My good looking Mother N Law. :)




He was so excited that he had his own chair to climb in and out of






We look like little people compared to the Redwoods

Massive animals....



Hiking









Wondering if this is a good idea...haha





Getting ready to head home



Cute little boy
Grandma and Trey


He loved playing in this field






Pointing out a truck




Talking trucks with grandpa


Comments