I haven't given you guys an update on what is solely going in Trey's life right now for awhile now. As you know the wild man turned one! He weighs 22lbs and is 30 inches long. He's still around the 40th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Here are a few clips from Trey's growing knowledge:
-He talks all of the time. Nothing makes sense really, but he's getting more vocal as each day goes. He can say mama, dada, dog, this, yes, baba and he's super good at saying mmmm and huh. We're working on a few signs with him such as thank you and more please. I can't wait for him to actually utter the phrase thank you. I think that I might cry. :)
-This kid is an eater. He eats everything that is placed in front of him. He loves blueberries, whole wheat pasta, broccoli, peas, carrots, whole wheat toast, eggs,...you get the picture. He still doesn't get any juice. We figure that he doesn't need it since he eats enough fruit and veggies. We're boring....we know. :) I'm super shocked that he doesn't weigh more, but at the same time I'm actually not. He doesn't sit still for more that a minute at a time. We're weaning the bottles. He now drinks his afternoon bottle out of a sippy cup and we're going to be down to one bottle next week and then none after that. It's been easier than I thought, but I'm worried about the night time bottle....we will see what happens. :)
-He loves to climb. He's either climbing on Jason or myself or the deck stairs. What a monkey.
-He would live outside if we let him. He loves to play with rocks, water and dirt. He's also getting into trucks and he's constantly taking objects out of boxes and putting them back.
-He loves to hand us something and for us to say thank you. He has the best fake laugh around as well.
-He has six teeth now and they're so adorable!
-We're at that age where Trey is testing his boundaries. Our goal in life is to have a well behaved child with a wonderful heart, so we plan on disciplining our child accordingly. It's one of the hardest things that you have to endure as a parent, but it will be so worth it. Our child will know that we love him with all of our hearts, but he will also know how to behave. :)
That's an update on our little wild man. This kid is a kick and we're so looking forward to the next stages in his life!
-He talks all of the time. Nothing makes sense really, but he's getting more vocal as each day goes. He can say mama, dada, dog, this, yes, baba and he's super good at saying mmmm and huh. We're working on a few signs with him such as thank you and more please. I can't wait for him to actually utter the phrase thank you. I think that I might cry. :)
-This kid is an eater. He eats everything that is placed in front of him. He loves blueberries, whole wheat pasta, broccoli, peas, carrots, whole wheat toast, eggs,...you get the picture. He still doesn't get any juice. We figure that he doesn't need it since he eats enough fruit and veggies. We're boring....we know. :) I'm super shocked that he doesn't weigh more, but at the same time I'm actually not. He doesn't sit still for more that a minute at a time. We're weaning the bottles. He now drinks his afternoon bottle out of a sippy cup and we're going to be down to one bottle next week and then none after that. It's been easier than I thought, but I'm worried about the night time bottle....we will see what happens. :)
-He loves to climb. He's either climbing on Jason or myself or the deck stairs. What a monkey.
-He would live outside if we let him. He loves to play with rocks, water and dirt. He's also getting into trucks and he's constantly taking objects out of boxes and putting them back.
-He loves to hand us something and for us to say thank you. He has the best fake laugh around as well.
-He has six teeth now and they're so adorable!
-We're at that age where Trey is testing his boundaries. Our goal in life is to have a well behaved child with a wonderful heart, so we plan on disciplining our child accordingly. It's one of the hardest things that you have to endure as a parent, but it will be so worth it. Our child will know that we love him with all of our hearts, but he will also know how to behave. :)
That's an update on our little wild man. This kid is a kick and we're so looking forward to the next stages in his life!
Elizabeth is weaned of binkies but not bottles. We tried but she won't drink her milk out of a sippy and then when she doesn't have milk she doesn't sleep. It's a tricky one.
ReplyDeleteShe's also saying many of the same words....bubbles, Dora, all done, nana (banana) are some of her others.
And she loves to do things that we approve of and then clap for herself. Like, now that she's finally braving walking, she'll walk across the room then pause to look at us and clap for herself while we say "Yay!" It's hilarious.
I just love that they are so on the same path developmentally. It's fun because even though I haven't met Trey or seen you in FOREVER....at least I feel like we have something in common! ;)
Aww! I just saw this comment Tara! Bottle weaning is going good so far. We're down to the night time one, which I'm hoping to be done by next week. All kiddos are different and do things on their own time. :) I just can't wait to be done with bottles! I still have to hold Trey like he's getting a bottle when he drinks his milk from his sippy, but I don't mind the extra cuddle time. :)
ReplyDeleteTrey is increasing his vocab as well! This is such a fun stage!! :)
I love your blog Tara! You're going to be such a wonderful mama. That family is so blessed to have you. Miss you lots!!