Camping, Illness, Birthday...All in one week!

We've had an eventful past week! We started off our Memorial Day weekend by going on our first camping adventure with Trey. It was muddy and cold, but so much fun! Trey had a lot of fun watching the fire and playing in the mud. I believe his most enjoyable moment was being able to act like a caged animal in the dog pin. The kid loved that thing! He slept all night in his pack n play...only waking up once, because he was freezing. He also took a long nap the next morning in his pack n play. Future pro camper? I think so! Here's a couple of my favorite camping pictures:













Unfortunately, Trey caught a case of Croup. Wow...what a sickness! It took us back to Trey's first weeks of life. He was up every hour with a fever, cough and shortness of breath. We took him outside, did a steam bathroom, Tylenol, Motrin...you name it...we did it. I took him to our wonderful Dr. the next day and he was given a shot to clear his airways and it helped so much. We did a lot of cuddling, napping together and even slept the first part of the night together. We even watched cartoons!! These are things we never get to do, so as miserable as it was I enjoyed feeling like I had my itty, bitty, cuddly baby back. They just grow up so quickly that it's nice to be reminded of those first few, stressful, but precious weeks!

On that note, Trey is feeling much better and he was even back to throwing books off the shelves....something that this mama is working on. I'm trying to teach him that books are important and we need to respect them. Let's see....I think I'm losing the battle about 80 to 20 right now. :) We're getting there!

One more month and my little wild man will be one. Wow. I'm still in disbelief. Really? One? We are oh so excited to have a Pirate Party!!

Today just happens to be my wonderful dad's birthday. I'm a little bummed, because I planned on making him dinner tonight, but we're going to have to wait to do it another day due to Trey's illness. Happy Birthday dad....you'll be getting some good food here shortly!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and rain....GO AWAY!

Comments