Change can be scary, but it can also be fruitful. Our family has gone through a change over the past month--not a change that we had planned on, but a change that has taught us so much about grace.
I wanted to write out all of the details of our change, but after a lot of thought and talks with Jesus--I made the decision not to. We recently made a very hard decision to pull our boys out of the christian school that they attended for the rest of the year. The short story is that they didn't like us questioning a new policy that would effect our Brohdy's next school year--because we questioned their policy, they asked that Brohdy not enroll there next year. The lack of grace, communication, and love that was shown to us is the reason why we took the boys out of their school. We didn't feel comfortable having them at an establishment where as a parent, you couldn't even question something or have say in your child's future. It didn't feel like this was a healthy Christian school for our boys.
No apology has been given to us, no wrong doing has been admitted, but we must forgive and move on.
This is preschool---I am still blown away by the lack of grace and professionalism that was shown to us by this Christian school. A school that I loved and invested so many countless hours volunteering and even worked at. My heart is wounded and many tears have been shed, but again--we must move on.
God has been so good and gracious throughout this time. We were able to get Trey into his new school ASAP. His new school and teacher have been so wonderful and so kind. They have showed us so much grace during this transition. Trey is happy with his new school, but of course he missed his old friends and teachers. My sweet friend who teaches a pre-k accepted Brohdy into her school with no questions asked. Brohdy looks forward to her class every single week. Brohdy's speech teacher also invited him back to do school with them a couple of days a week. The boys are good and happy. I feel like they are right where they need to be.Our friends and teachers from their old school have also shown us so much love and support and we are grateful for that.
I hope that last paragraph doesn't sound spiteful, because that wasn't the point, It was to show that we all can do hard things through God's grace. I've been praying a lot about forgiveness and grace. I want to use grace even though I want to scream and yell. I also prayed a lot about not letting my pride get in the way of our decisions or my future actions.
This whole situation has brought Jason and I closer and stronger, but more importantly it has helped us to cling to God more. God is so good and so faithful. As we move forward I will try to use kindness. I will continue to pray that God guides my actions and that I'm able to use as much grace as possible, though it has been hard to do since my heart is wounded. My relationship between Christ is more important than my relationship with them, so I will forgive.
"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit." Psalm 32:1,2
I wanted to write out all of the details of our change, but after a lot of thought and talks with Jesus--I made the decision not to. We recently made a very hard decision to pull our boys out of the christian school that they attended for the rest of the year. The short story is that they didn't like us questioning a new policy that would effect our Brohdy's next school year--because we questioned their policy, they asked that Brohdy not enroll there next year. The lack of grace, communication, and love that was shown to us is the reason why we took the boys out of their school. We didn't feel comfortable having them at an establishment where as a parent, you couldn't even question something or have say in your child's future. It didn't feel like this was a healthy Christian school for our boys.
No apology has been given to us, no wrong doing has been admitted, but we must forgive and move on.
This is preschool---I am still blown away by the lack of grace and professionalism that was shown to us by this Christian school. A school that I loved and invested so many countless hours volunteering and even worked at. My heart is wounded and many tears have been shed, but again--we must move on.
God has been so good and gracious throughout this time. We were able to get Trey into his new school ASAP. His new school and teacher have been so wonderful and so kind. They have showed us so much grace during this transition. Trey is happy with his new school, but of course he missed his old friends and teachers. My sweet friend who teaches a pre-k accepted Brohdy into her school with no questions asked. Brohdy looks forward to her class every single week. Brohdy's speech teacher also invited him back to do school with them a couple of days a week. The boys are good and happy. I feel like they are right where they need to be.Our friends and teachers from their old school have also shown us so much love and support and we are grateful for that.
I hope that last paragraph doesn't sound spiteful, because that wasn't the point, It was to show that we all can do hard things through God's grace. I've been praying a lot about forgiveness and grace. I want to use grace even though I want to scream and yell. I also prayed a lot about not letting my pride get in the way of our decisions or my future actions.
This whole situation has brought Jason and I closer and stronger, but more importantly it has helped us to cling to God more. God is so good and so faithful. As we move forward I will try to use kindness. I will continue to pray that God guides my actions and that I'm able to use as much grace as possible, though it has been hard to do since my heart is wounded. My relationship between Christ is more important than my relationship with them, so I will forgive.
"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit." Psalm 32:1,2


Comments
Post a Comment