I can't believe that we are already in the month of October. School is in full swing and we are still trucking away on projects around the house. I wanted to do an update on the kiddos.
Trey
Trey is in a k/1 split this year. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Trey is doing really good in it. He's testing ahead in most of his subjects, but I'm worried about the lack of play and the fact that they are calling it "the other" first grade class. I'm just trying to let it be though...trying... I think that some of it is that I'm not loving him being gone for five days a week. I miss him. He is still a very inquisitive child. He loves to spout out random facts and ask a million questions. He loves reading, legos, playing with his brother, and playing outside. He's also doing great in soccer. Growing more confident each game. He just seems so big now, but he did ask me to carry him when I picked him up from school today. I'll take what I can get. I love my big-baby boy!
Brohdy
Where do I even start with this kid??? He has grown so, so, so much in just a month. He was super timid and shy once preschool started. In just a week he was fully participating in class, singing at the top of his lungs, answering questions, and making friends!! I don't know who this kid is! He also had a rough start of soccer. He froze up the first two games and about broke my heart when his bottom lip began to quiver. The third game he fully participated, scored two goals, but most importantly had a HUGE smile on his face. I don't know who this kid is. Haha. We pray a lot with him about God putting on his warrior armor to be brave and to not be fearful, because there is nothing too big for God to handle. I am just so proud of him. He has yet again proven to me to just let things be and not to hurry things up in life. God knew that I needed this sweet boy in my life. I am so grateful that he is mine!
Ruthie
Oh, this girl. She is sweet, sassy, full of kisses, and "I love yous." She makes the world go round. She is hilarious, has no fear, and is just so loving. She loves to sing the ABC's, count to ten, and talk to anybody who will listen to her. She is in the trenches of potty training and is doing ok. We are always so busy, so I haven't fully dedicated a week to potty training. We potty train at home and that has been working out just fine. This girl is going to take over the world one day with her whit, sass, and kindness. Goodness, I love her!
I'm working one day a week at the kid's school doing recess. I am loving it and I forgot how much fun that it was to be around so many kids at one time. My sweet mom has been watching Ruthie for the three hours that I'm gone. I know...big job, right? ;)
My next post will be some pictures of our house and what we have done so far. We are loving being up on the top of a giant hill and in the country.
Happy Fall!!
Trey
Trey is in a k/1 split this year. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Trey is doing really good in it. He's testing ahead in most of his subjects, but I'm worried about the lack of play and the fact that they are calling it "the other" first grade class. I'm just trying to let it be though...trying... I think that some of it is that I'm not loving him being gone for five days a week. I miss him. He is still a very inquisitive child. He loves to spout out random facts and ask a million questions. He loves reading, legos, playing with his brother, and playing outside. He's also doing great in soccer. Growing more confident each game. He just seems so big now, but he did ask me to carry him when I picked him up from school today. I'll take what I can get. I love my big-baby boy!
Brohdy
Where do I even start with this kid??? He has grown so, so, so much in just a month. He was super timid and shy once preschool started. In just a week he was fully participating in class, singing at the top of his lungs, answering questions, and making friends!! I don't know who this kid is! He also had a rough start of soccer. He froze up the first two games and about broke my heart when his bottom lip began to quiver. The third game he fully participated, scored two goals, but most importantly had a HUGE smile on his face. I don't know who this kid is. Haha. We pray a lot with him about God putting on his warrior armor to be brave and to not be fearful, because there is nothing too big for God to handle. I am just so proud of him. He has yet again proven to me to just let things be and not to hurry things up in life. God knew that I needed this sweet boy in my life. I am so grateful that he is mine!
Ruthie
Oh, this girl. She is sweet, sassy, full of kisses, and "I love yous." She makes the world go round. She is hilarious, has no fear, and is just so loving. She loves to sing the ABC's, count to ten, and talk to anybody who will listen to her. She is in the trenches of potty training and is doing ok. We are always so busy, so I haven't fully dedicated a week to potty training. We potty train at home and that has been working out just fine. This girl is going to take over the world one day with her whit, sass, and kindness. Goodness, I love her!
I'm working one day a week at the kid's school doing recess. I am loving it and I forgot how much fun that it was to be around so many kids at one time. My sweet mom has been watching Ruthie for the three hours that I'm gone. I know...big job, right? ;)
My next post will be some pictures of our house and what we have done so far. We are loving being up on the top of a giant hill and in the country.
Happy Fall!!










Comments
Post a Comment