One word to describe Treyton and Brohdy...BUSY. They have been such busy little boys lately and continue to blow our minds with everything that they are learning.
Brohdy is still our shy and quiet little guy, but he now repeats full
sentences...says please and thank you, over accentuates the ck
sound....his favorite word is sna-CK! He sings the ABC's, loves to read
and can count to ten now. His favorite book has always been the Dr.
Seuss's ABC book. We read it over and over and over and over and
over.....He is smart,
but is quiet about it. I'd like to say that he's a humble, smart boy.
;) He just wants to do things on his own time and is still incredibly
strong willed. :)
He is still doing tumbling here in town and is rocking it!!! It seriously one of my favorite days of the week. He just comes out of his sweet little shell when he's there.
He copies everything that his brother does. His new thing is that he has to go pee after we put the boys to bed, because well...every night...every single night...no matter if he has peed right before....trey gets up within two minutes to go potty, so now B likes to sit on his potty with a book. If Trey runs, B does...if Trey laughs, B laughs, if Trey's hungry, B's hungry and so on. Trey is his hero.
He is a total goofball. He's always doing stuff to make us laugh. Falling...running into things...making goofy faces...he's a riot.
He's not quite as naughty as he used to be...haha...still strong willed (did I say those words again?), but he has become a better listener. He still throws fits when things don't go his way, but he gets over them quickly. He does love to tell me nooooooo quite often, but he says it so sweetly. ;)
There is something so sweet and lovable about this little guy. I love when I get to spend extra time with just him. We like to party...aka..go get a special drink and snack and play with Trey's Lego's. :)
Oh, Treyton. This kid. He is just getting so big. So big. It breaks my heart a little bit, because he's becoming more and more independent. He doesn't need me quite as much, but he still reminds me that I'm his favorite mommy. :)
He is reading quite well and his writing has improved so much. He's also adding/subtracting and drawing some awesome pictures. I've waited 4 1/2 years for him to like to sit down and color....I love it! I roll out brown shipping paper on the table and we go to town. He's a much better drawer than I am.
He's still loving school and his friends. We just love his teacher. We are probably going to do another year of preschool with him and move him to full days instead of half. I don't see the rush in getting him into kindergarten and his teacher supports our decision and has told us that she would just work extra with him since he is so smart (I'm not trying to brag...but the kid is.... :) ) I was old for my grade and I think that an extra year of preschool will just make him stronger and more ready to tackle kindergarten...and life in general!
Soccer starts up again next month and he is so excited! I can't wait to see how much he has grown in the past few months.
His imaginative play is so awesome these days. I have a hard time not cracking up at his story lines that he makes up for his cars.
He's such a sweetheart...he can be naughty...yes...but his heart is so good. He likes to bug the crud out his brother, but he's also very loving and protective of him.
He is Lego obsessed right now and can build so many objects from just looking at a picture. Do you think that he takes after his dad at all? :)
Treyton has been asking a lot about my grandma and if she is still in heaven. That's a tough one, but its also such a good learning experience for Trey...and me. The hardest is when he asks if we can go to her house to visit her. I can handle my own heartbreak, but it's a whole different story when its your kiddos. I fight back tears a lot, but I'm so thankful that I know that we will all be reunited one day.
I love spending time with just Trey. He is so much fun to talk to and I love to see how his mind works.He is becoming such a big guy. He tells me that he will stay 4 forever....I wish.
The boys are still sharing a room, but nap separately. Trey still takes a two and half or more hour nap most days...though I'm sure my days of him napping are numbered. Brohdy also takes one long nap during the day. Them sharing a room has gone ok...they wake up earlier..goodbye sleeping in until almost 8...they are now up before 7 most days.
I've been trying my best to spread my love and attention out to my boys. It is challenging some days, because well, Ruthie needs me, but I have to remind myself that my boys need me to. They need mommy time and my attention. They need me to pay attention when they build something and ask me to look for the 100th time. They need hugs and kind words and I love yous. I'm thankful that by God's grace they keep sticking with me even on my bad days.
I love these boys!
He is still doing tumbling here in town and is rocking it!!! It seriously one of my favorite days of the week. He just comes out of his sweet little shell when he's there.
He copies everything that his brother does. His new thing is that he has to go pee after we put the boys to bed, because well...every night...every single night...no matter if he has peed right before....trey gets up within two minutes to go potty, so now B likes to sit on his potty with a book. If Trey runs, B does...if Trey laughs, B laughs, if Trey's hungry, B's hungry and so on. Trey is his hero.
He is a total goofball. He's always doing stuff to make us laugh. Falling...running into things...making goofy faces...he's a riot.
He's not quite as naughty as he used to be...haha...still strong willed (did I say those words again?), but he has become a better listener. He still throws fits when things don't go his way, but he gets over them quickly. He does love to tell me nooooooo quite often, but he says it so sweetly. ;)
There is something so sweet and lovable about this little guy. I love when I get to spend extra time with just him. We like to party...aka..go get a special drink and snack and play with Trey's Lego's. :)
Oh, Treyton. This kid. He is just getting so big. So big. It breaks my heart a little bit, because he's becoming more and more independent. He doesn't need me quite as much, but he still reminds me that I'm his favorite mommy. :)
He is reading quite well and his writing has improved so much. He's also adding/subtracting and drawing some awesome pictures. I've waited 4 1/2 years for him to like to sit down and color....I love it! I roll out brown shipping paper on the table and we go to town. He's a much better drawer than I am.
He's still loving school and his friends. We just love his teacher. We are probably going to do another year of preschool with him and move him to full days instead of half. I don't see the rush in getting him into kindergarten and his teacher supports our decision and has told us that she would just work extra with him since he is so smart (I'm not trying to brag...but the kid is.... :) ) I was old for my grade and I think that an extra year of preschool will just make him stronger and more ready to tackle kindergarten...and life in general!
Soccer starts up again next month and he is so excited! I can't wait to see how much he has grown in the past few months.
His imaginative play is so awesome these days. I have a hard time not cracking up at his story lines that he makes up for his cars.
He's such a sweetheart...he can be naughty...yes...but his heart is so good. He likes to bug the crud out his brother, but he's also very loving and protective of him.
He is Lego obsessed right now and can build so many objects from just looking at a picture. Do you think that he takes after his dad at all? :)
Treyton has been asking a lot about my grandma and if she is still in heaven. That's a tough one, but its also such a good learning experience for Trey...and me. The hardest is when he asks if we can go to her house to visit her. I can handle my own heartbreak, but it's a whole different story when its your kiddos. I fight back tears a lot, but I'm so thankful that I know that we will all be reunited one day.
I love spending time with just Trey. He is so much fun to talk to and I love to see how his mind works.He is becoming such a big guy. He tells me that he will stay 4 forever....I wish.
The boys are still sharing a room, but nap separately. Trey still takes a two and half or more hour nap most days...though I'm sure my days of him napping are numbered. Brohdy also takes one long nap during the day. Them sharing a room has gone ok...they wake up earlier..goodbye sleeping in until almost 8...they are now up before 7 most days.
I've been trying my best to spread my love and attention out to my boys. It is challenging some days, because well, Ruthie needs me, but I have to remind myself that my boys need me to. They need mommy time and my attention. They need me to pay attention when they build something and ask me to look for the 100th time. They need hugs and kind words and I love yous. I'm thankful that by God's grace they keep sticking with me even on my bad days.
I love these boys!













Comments
Post a Comment