Goodness...how is our little girl already one month old? I just don't understand why it has to go by so fast! Here is an update on our sweet pea.
She weighs 11 1/2 pounds and still likes to nurse every couple of hours.
She takes a few short naps during the day and one long nap, while the boys are napping. I think that it's because the house is finally quiet enough for her to sleep. :) She has been blessing me with a 5 hour straight of sleep each night and she even went 8 hours one night! She likes to be held for a while before bed though...sometimes it's a long process...sometimes it's not. I don't mind the extra snuggles though.
She is so alert when she is awake. She even smiles quite often during the day! She brings me to tears when she stares at me at smiles. She is just so sweet!
Her eyes are still a bright blue!
Her brothers fight over who gets to hold her...Brohdy also likes to try and shove...I mean put her binky in her mouth if it falls out.
She is so sweet and mellow. The only time that she gets cranky is when she's tired. I feel pretty blessed that she's been pretty easy thus far.
Ruthie's nicknames include...sweet pea, sweetie, Ru-Lu, and sweet cheeks. :)
She has already survived her fist cold and has another small one right now. Pre-school kids are germy! I'm thankful that shes only been congested....so nerve wracking when they are so little.
Life has been crazy with three kids. We have rough moments and I often have to ask the boys for forgiveness. I feel as if we are slowly adjusting to the change in our family. I take each day minute by minute and I pray to God often for grace, patience, and enough love to go around. I am thankful that I know life will settle down...Ruthie will sleep all night...and having a third child will become natural for me. I wouldn't change my life for anything. Ruthie has completed my heart. Watching the boys love her brings me to tears. I just think of all of the fun that that they are going to have...the adventures that they will go on...I envision little Ruthie trailing behind her big brothers like I did with my brother and cousins...just trying to be like the guys....the tiredness that I feel will fade...and I am so thankful for grace and forgiveness...I am thankful that my boys love me regardless if I snapped at them a minute prior...that they offer me hugs when I apologize...I am blessed.
We love you so much sweet, Ruthie!! We are so thankful that God gave us you.
She weighs 11 1/2 pounds and still likes to nurse every couple of hours.
She takes a few short naps during the day and one long nap, while the boys are napping. I think that it's because the house is finally quiet enough for her to sleep. :) She has been blessing me with a 5 hour straight of sleep each night and she even went 8 hours one night! She likes to be held for a while before bed though...sometimes it's a long process...sometimes it's not. I don't mind the extra snuggles though.
She is so alert when she is awake. She even smiles quite often during the day! She brings me to tears when she stares at me at smiles. She is just so sweet!
Her eyes are still a bright blue!
Her brothers fight over who gets to hold her...Brohdy also likes to try and shove...I mean put her binky in her mouth if it falls out.
She is so sweet and mellow. The only time that she gets cranky is when she's tired. I feel pretty blessed that she's been pretty easy thus far.
Ruthie's nicknames include...sweet pea, sweetie, Ru-Lu, and sweet cheeks. :)
She has already survived her fist cold and has another small one right now. Pre-school kids are germy! I'm thankful that shes only been congested....so nerve wracking when they are so little.
Life has been crazy with three kids. We have rough moments and I often have to ask the boys for forgiveness. I feel as if we are slowly adjusting to the change in our family. I take each day minute by minute and I pray to God often for grace, patience, and enough love to go around. I am thankful that I know life will settle down...Ruthie will sleep all night...and having a third child will become natural for me. I wouldn't change my life for anything. Ruthie has completed my heart. Watching the boys love her brings me to tears. I just think of all of the fun that that they are going to have...the adventures that they will go on...I envision little Ruthie trailing behind her big brothers like I did with my brother and cousins...just trying to be like the guys....the tiredness that I feel will fade...and I am so thankful for grace and forgiveness...I am thankful that my boys love me regardless if I snapped at them a minute prior...that they offer me hugs when I apologize...I am blessed.
We love you so much sweet, Ruthie!! We are so thankful that God gave us you.
Do you see all of that white stuff outside? More on that later!
Brohdy loves Ruthie...and I love the way that he says her name!








Comments
Post a Comment