Still Pregnant!

I am now 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant! I thought that I was in early labor Thursday night and all day Friday, but my contractions stopped that evening. Boo! I'm now just trying to distract myself from possible labor signs and just relax and let it be. I have an appointment on my due date, so we will see what happens then. On Thursday I was a good 3 cm dilated and my doctor stretched me to a 4, so my body is ready...we are just waiting on Ruthie. :) Oh, and the doctor mentioned that she felt a lot of hair on our girl! I can't wait to see what she looks like. I tear up every time that I think of that moment!

My mom and Jason have been life savers these past couple of weeks. I got sick the day before Christmas Eve and Jason helped a bunch during the holiday process...something I love doing normally, but my body just wasn't letting me. Thankfully, I did start to feel better on Christmas day.  My mom has been spending extra time with me and the boys and even came over yesterday and stayed pretty much all day...since we thought that I could be in labor!!! I was having contractions in clusters...then they would stop...start again....stop...start again...stop....you get the picture. I never experienced anything like that with the boys, so I though that it was heading towards real labor. We went for a hilly walk, ate some spicy food, and she even drove us over speed bumps...but she didn't come. We were really hoping that Ruthie would have been here last week since my mom has to go back to work Monday. Poor mom hasn't been sleeping all that well, because she's afraid to miss our call....I've reassured her many times that we will get a hold of her. Love you mama!

I'm at peace with waiting, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't wake up frustrated this morning when my contractions were gone...though I was thankful for the great sleep. I figure that she's just in there getting chubbier....though we are all so anxious to meet her!!! She will be here and I know that it's all in God's perfect timing....not mine. :)

Come on sweet, Ruthie!! We want to meet you!!!!




Comments