Oh my goodness....36 weeks pregnant! My last month of my last pregnancy. 4 weeks (give or take) to meet our daughter...sister...granddaughter....can you tell that I'm excited??? The nervousness has now turned to anxiousness. I'm anxious for my labor. I'm anxious for when she is going to make her appearance...I prefer the week after Christmas, but we all know how planning goes when it comes to babies. I'm anxious to hold her and to see what she looks like. It's a good anxious though...I guess that I should probably use the word anticipate since I really do feel at peace about everything. I'm just plain excited and I've been hustling around making sure that we are ready for her. My heart feels like it's going to explode some days. It's hard to imagine loving another little human as much as I love my two boys, but I know that God has put room in my heart for her...like I said...it already feels like it's going to burst...I can only imagine how I'll feel when I actually hold her in my arms. I'm excited for the boys to meet her. We have been reading a big brother book every night before bed. Brohdy acknowledges that Ruthie is in my tummy, but he really has no idea what is about to happen. Trey on the other hand can't wait to meet her. He's excited to hold her and show her off. I just love these two little boys so much and I've been praying that it's an easy transition for them and their hearts are full of love towards their sister. I have a feeling that she's going to be in love with her big brothers....they kind of have that effect on people. :)
Ok, I'll stop sounding like a major sap and move onto the highlights of this past month:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Sleep: It's been really good the past few days, but I also still have some restless nights. It could be worse, so I try not to complain too much!
Best Moment This Month: Celebrating Ruthie at her baby shower. It was so much fun getting to see my family and friends whom I'm pretty sure are the greatest women on the planet. Love you all! Talking to Ruthie. Feeling body parts jab out of my stomach...though they can be painful...it means that she's healthy and I'll take that any day.
Gender: GIRL!
Food Craving: Craving sushi. Breakfast sandwiches. I'll get a major chocolate craving at times. I lost weight at my last appt ( no worries...she's growing right on track), so what did I do? I made Christmas Blondie's and ate four yesterday....which means I'll probably gain 5lbs by my next appt. :)
What I Miss: Rough housing with my boys. Going for long walks without feeling like my bladder is going to burst....or feeling like a bowling ball is sitting in my pelvic area. :) Like my friend Ashley said today though....just remember...it's the last time that you will feel like this. That might have made me tear up....oh, and I do miss having some control over my emotions...ha!
What I'm looking Forward to: Seeing her face for the first time. Introducing her to her brothers. Having my mom and Sue meet her. Nursing. Having the pure joy and innocence of a baby in our home!
Symptoms: Leg cramps....I had three in a five minute period last week. Insane. Needless to say I've been chugging water and stretching like a mad woman. Sore muscles....tiredness.
I've been praying this month for a healthy baby girl...a smooth and fast labor with no complications. I've also been praying that I'm free of all fear during labor and that I rely on God's faithfulness to get me through it. I can't wait to meet this girl!! I was reading John last week and came across this....what perfect timing:
Ok, I'll stop sounding like a major sap and move onto the highlights of this past month:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Sleep: It's been really good the past few days, but I also still have some restless nights. It could be worse, so I try not to complain too much!
Best Moment This Month: Celebrating Ruthie at her baby shower. It was so much fun getting to see my family and friends whom I'm pretty sure are the greatest women on the planet. Love you all! Talking to Ruthie. Feeling body parts jab out of my stomach...though they can be painful...it means that she's healthy and I'll take that any day.
Gender: GIRL!
Food Craving: Craving sushi. Breakfast sandwiches. I'll get a major chocolate craving at times. I lost weight at my last appt ( no worries...she's growing right on track), so what did I do? I made Christmas Blondie's and ate four yesterday....which means I'll probably gain 5lbs by my next appt. :)
What I Miss: Rough housing with my boys. Going for long walks without feeling like my bladder is going to burst....or feeling like a bowling ball is sitting in my pelvic area. :) Like my friend Ashley said today though....just remember...it's the last time that you will feel like this. That might have made me tear up....oh, and I do miss having some control over my emotions...ha!
What I'm looking Forward to: Seeing her face for the first time. Introducing her to her brothers. Having my mom and Sue meet her. Nursing. Having the pure joy and innocence of a baby in our home!
Symptoms: Leg cramps....I had three in a five minute period last week. Insane. Needless to say I've been chugging water and stretching like a mad woman. Sore muscles....tiredness.
I've been praying this month for a healthy baby girl...a smooth and fast labor with no complications. I've also been praying that I'm free of all fear during labor and that I rely on God's faithfulness to get me through it. I can't wait to meet this girl!! I was reading John last week and came across this....what perfect timing:
"Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour
has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer
remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born
into the world." - John 16:21
Comments
Post a Comment