These two boys have been keeping me busy, testing my patience, and melting my heart. They both have changed so much and are growing into two rambunctious, but sweet little boys. Let's start with little B
- He's still a man of few words...though he's been saying more lately. A sweet lady from church let me borrow a book on helping kiddos to verbalize a tad more, so we have been having fun testing out some new tactics. He says words and had two new words just in the last week. He recognizes every letter in the alphabet and can say their sounds, so I'm a little confused on why he won't form more words. He is very social...follows commands, and is very goofy. I always say that he's a silent smarty pants since he knows his shapes, colors, animals, ect....but just won't say them. Did I mention that he smirks at me when I ask him to say a word? Ha! I think a lot of it has to do with his big brother....who never, ever stops talking and who also does everything for B...and the fact that B is stubborn...like his mama. :) I don't want to make excuses for him, but I also don't want to make it too big of a deal, so I'm trying some new fun tactics to help him a long. His doctor is also not worried about him...though I made an appointment for him in December...which I'll probably end up cancelling..ha! I'm not worried about him, because I know that every kid goes at their own pace. :) He's smart, sweet, and loving and I wouldn't change a thing about him....besides some of his epic fits. :)
-Did I mention that he's stubborn? He's still not fully potty trained, which I take responsibility for. He hates sitting on the potty for the most part....but then he will go on it sometimes. We try to do underwear most of the time....until I lose my patience when he won't sit on the potty. See....my fault. :) We will get there and I've been praying for my own patience. I was really hoping to have him potty trained by the time that Ruthie gets here, but I'm accepting the fact that it might not happen...but we will continue to try! :)
-He has proven that he can throw some awesome fits...I forgot how intense that this age was, but he's also intensely full of sweetness. That kid can melt my heart in two seconds. He's sweet and still loves his mama though we tend to butt heads most days. He's a strong willed little boy...who is teaching me so much about patience. :) I just pray that I'm training him up right. He has been doing great in Sunday school and does a great job at following directions.
-He has proven to be a total ham and loves an audience. He loves having people laugh at him...especially his brother. He's charmer and adorable. Goodness, I love that kid.
-He loves his brother and wants to do everything that he does. He also expects his brother to do things for him. He walks around a lot of the time saying, "bubba" until Trey figures out what he needs. He would stay with Trey every day at school if we let him.
-I have been loving our one on one time on Trey's school days. I'm trying to soak them up as much as possible before Ruthie gets here. We love to go to the store...and B loves it when he gets to walk around. It's such a sweet time for us and I know that I'll miss it when our sweet, little girl gets here.
-He is such a joy and we are so thankful that he's ours!
Now onto our big guy!
-Treyton is such a kind boy who tries so hard to do what is right. He has moments of defiance, but I feel like we are at such sweet point in his life. He's loving and helpful and says and does some of the sweetest things.
-He's doing amazing in school. He started off a tad shy, but he is becoming Mr. Social pants. Yesterday, his whole class kept waving goodbye to him and he would tell them all to have a good day. So, darn sweet!
-He's reading a bit and is still super smart like his dad...too smart sometimes. He's inquisitive and we don't go more than a couple of minutes without him asking a question. He talks non-stop, which can be tiring at times, but we try to remind ourselves that he's learning.
-He loves Jesus and talks a lot about having Jesus in his heart. We're going to have a little celebration here soon when we feel that Trey fully understands the meaning of accepting Jesus into his heart.
-He is rambunctious and loves to wrestle with his daddy and brother. Most days I feel like I live in a crazy house, but I also love hearing the sound of laughter and their joy. There are also some days where I want to hide in my bedroom and lock the door. :)
I sure do love these two little hooligans. I'm anxious to see what the dynamic will be like once Ruthie is here. Will she be quiet or will she be just as crazy as these boys. It's going to be a wild ride. I am so thankful that this is the plan that God has for our family. I still can't believe that I get to have my two boys and little girl. I will continue to pray that they walk with Jesus always and that I raise them up right to be Godly men.

Comments
Post a Comment