I find it harder and harder to make the time to sit down to write a good blogpost....though I should...I have just been extra tired during my down time....maybe I'll get back on a roll after I have this baby.
Here are some small updates for now:
1. Trey is still loving school! He had his first homework assignments this past weekend. We wrote about his favorite things and then made a family tree where he had to pick a fruit that represented our family. He chose bananas...then apples...then bananas....so we went with bananas since we're silly...says Trey. :) We have started to pray together before school, which has eased some of my anxious mommy heart.
-He starts Awanas again this Wednesday and is looking forward to it
-Soccer went better this past Saturday. He fully participated in warm-up, laughed with his teammates and was having a great time until the game portion started. He froze up, though he did do a kick off. Baby steps. He has to start somewhere! Did I mention that a lot of his games start right smack in the middle of nap time? Ooof!
2. Brohdy has been loving the extra attention that he has been getting when Trey is at school. We have been working on him verbalizing and counting and I'm seeing small improvements. :) Amazing what you can do when you don't have an older brother talking for you! We had a couple of set backs with potty training when we went camping. He's having trouble pooping on the potty, which causes him to have more accidents. We will get there....slowly, but surely. :)
3. We have had a few play dates this week with new and old friends. That has been a lot of fun for the boys and for the moms. :)
4. I celebrated my 31'st birthday last Thursday. It was super low key and I loved it. I spent time with Sue and Bachan and then my folks. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes family and friends! Oh, and my folks got me a new shampooer!! I am obsessed with shampooing my carpet and I was always borrowing my mom's, so they decided to get me my own and I couldn't be happier! I shampooed that night and maybe again a few days later. :) I love it!
5. We went to Coos Bay on Sunday to visit our friends Kenny, Jenn, and Micah who were in town from Cincinnati. The visit is always too short, but always fun. Love that family!
6. We are thinking about listing our house....thinking....we have another meeting with a real estate agent on Thursday. We are ready for a tad more space and to be closer to Jason's work, but not too far from where we are. I love our church and Trey's school....not to mention being near both of our families, so we don't want to move too far away. We loved living outside of Corvallis when we first got married, so we're looking in that area. Again...just thinking...not 100% sure, but if you know anyone looking for a cute house....let us know. :)
7. Mom and I are going to paint Ruthie's room on Friday. I can't wait to put her room together! It's going to be girly....well, besides that walls are going to be a blueish color. :) Speaking of the little miss...I'm 24 weeks pregnant now! It's flying by. I'll do a pregnancy post at some point this week.
Have a great week!!
Here are some small updates for now:
1. Trey is still loving school! He had his first homework assignments this past weekend. We wrote about his favorite things and then made a family tree where he had to pick a fruit that represented our family. He chose bananas...then apples...then bananas....so we went with bananas since we're silly...says Trey. :) We have started to pray together before school, which has eased some of my anxious mommy heart.
-He starts Awanas again this Wednesday and is looking forward to it
-Soccer went better this past Saturday. He fully participated in warm-up, laughed with his teammates and was having a great time until the game portion started. He froze up, though he did do a kick off. Baby steps. He has to start somewhere! Did I mention that a lot of his games start right smack in the middle of nap time? Ooof!
2. Brohdy has been loving the extra attention that he has been getting when Trey is at school. We have been working on him verbalizing and counting and I'm seeing small improvements. :) Amazing what you can do when you don't have an older brother talking for you! We had a couple of set backs with potty training when we went camping. He's having trouble pooping on the potty, which causes him to have more accidents. We will get there....slowly, but surely. :)
3. We have had a few play dates this week with new and old friends. That has been a lot of fun for the boys and for the moms. :)
4. I celebrated my 31'st birthday last Thursday. It was super low key and I loved it. I spent time with Sue and Bachan and then my folks. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes family and friends! Oh, and my folks got me a new shampooer!! I am obsessed with shampooing my carpet and I was always borrowing my mom's, so they decided to get me my own and I couldn't be happier! I shampooed that night and maybe again a few days later. :) I love it!
5. We went to Coos Bay on Sunday to visit our friends Kenny, Jenn, and Micah who were in town from Cincinnati. The visit is always too short, but always fun. Love that family!
6. We are thinking about listing our house....thinking....we have another meeting with a real estate agent on Thursday. We are ready for a tad more space and to be closer to Jason's work, but not too far from where we are. I love our church and Trey's school....not to mention being near both of our families, so we don't want to move too far away. We loved living outside of Corvallis when we first got married, so we're looking in that area. Again...just thinking...not 100% sure, but if you know anyone looking for a cute house....let us know. :)
7. Mom and I are going to paint Ruthie's room on Friday. I can't wait to put her room together! It's going to be girly....well, besides that walls are going to be a blueish color. :) Speaking of the little miss...I'm 24 weeks pregnant now! It's flying by. I'll do a pregnancy post at some point this week.
Have a great week!!
Comments
Post a Comment