Randoms

This post is going to be a bit random. We have had a busy, but fun past few days this week.

-I'm going to take a moment to brag about Trey right now. This kid had his first full dentist appointment on Tuesday and he rocked it! He went back all by himself and listened great and used his manners. My heart was bursting. I'll be honest with you though...the week before Trey had his well check up and he lost his mind when he had to put on the gown. He normally loves, loves, loves going to the doctor, but that day he was not having it. He screamed and cried, but he calmed down once our doctor came in. She is amazing and so patient. I've learned that the bad situations make me appreciate the good ones so much more. It's pretty humbling and I'm thankful to God for his mercy!

-We had PAC craft on Thursday and we made coconut sugar scrubs. I sure do love spending time with these girls. They teach me something new every time that I'm around them.

-We celebrated Nic's 30th birthday yesterday by getting pedicures. It was nice just to get away for an hour to get pampered and celebrate one the most awesome girl on the planet. Happy Birthday, Nic!!!

-The Cowan family made an improntu visit this weekend. Thankfully, our camping plans fell through, so we were able to spend all morning with them at the park. Gosh...we miss them so much, but it never even feels like they have left when we get together. Have I mentioned that we are due four days apart? She gets to find out on Monday what they are having!





-Our Ultra Sound is one week...one week!! EEE! I can't wait to see what God's plan is for our family! :)

-I came across this awesome quote from a friend last weekend and I read it on the a day when I really needed it the most.


Man, am I guilty of this! I can let most things roll off of my back...most things don't bother me too much, but I am also guilty of being a stuffer. I do my best to tolerate harsh words and actions, but then it will just hit me and I feel fed up. I feel like I have the right to be angry and that I don't need to love this certain person, because, well, they are just not that nice some times, but my heart feels heavy. I let the feelings of hurt get the best of me and I start to resent this person....I let it effect my day to day life and what good does that do? The more I pray the more grace God blesses me with. I've come to realize that maybe...just maybe if I can swallow my pride even more than I already do and exude even more grace then the anger will melt....the judgement will disappear....I'm trying and all I can keep doing is pray.

-Moving on... :) Angie was in town, so we went for a visit at the Tack's house. The boys love playing there and Tish always has fun things for them to do. They are one of the greatest families around! I can't wait to Angie to move back home soon!!

They were waiting for Tish to look at the stars with them...and of course she obliged. :)


-The Jamboree was so much fun this year!! My mom and I hung out the whole time and shared yummy food. Call me weird, but I love spending time with my mama. I'd hang out with her any day. I hate that she has to go back to work soon...we have had such a fun summer!






- I have been reading Ann Voskamp's, "One Thousand Gifts," devotional and I love it as much as her book! I have so many parts of the devotional highlighted, but here's one my favorites from a couple of weeks back. " God, today is the last like this. This place, this moment--it will never again be just like this. Cause my eyes to see everything in my life afresh. I may not pass by here again. Now is not forever grace, but amazing grace." This struck me the other day as I was reading people on instagram and Facebook saying that they were excited for fall and ready for summer to be over. Don't get me wrong...I love everything about fall, but I do not want to wish the summer away just yet! I've been trying to really hard to live in the moment this summer...to soak everything in and to praise Jesus for all of my blessings that are right in front of me...at that very moment. To be honest I am just plain bummed that summer will be over soon. I love everything about summer. The bike rides, the swimming, the fresh flowers and vegetables, filthy little boys with sticky faces, and the smell of sunscreen. I always feel like I'm gripping on for dear life for more time....to slow life down. Maybe it's because Trey will be going to school this fall, which seriously is heartbreaking...exciting...but heartbreaking. Slow down life!!!


Almond milk and Starbucks

Garden Bounty

Play date with our buddy's Drew and Ruthie!

I love that Brohdy boy and the sweet baby growing in my belly

Birthday party with our church friends

 Moved the reading tent outside....it gets used so much more now.

Trying to stay cool and building construction sites

Blueberry Picking


 After nap hair

Have a great weekend!

Comments