I know that I have been a slacker on my blog...so here's a quick summary of what we have been up to lately.
-I had my my almost 16 week apt today! We will know what the baby is in 4 weeks. :) Baby is doing great with a strong heart rate of 167. I'll be honest here....of course we would be excited if it's a girl....of course....but...I can totally see myself being a mama of three boys. It fits my personality, we even have a cute boy named picked out. I'll be just happy to see a healthy baby! I'm also going to say that mom and I may have purchased a pink OSU jersey and it just might be hanging in the future baby's room. :) If it's another sweet boy then I'll wrap up it for a friend...I'm looking at you Nic! :)
-Trey continues to be a big kid....continues to blow our minds with everything that he knows about life. He loves to ride his bike and has already asked to take the training wheels off....I'm just not ready for that. :) We have learned that he makes friends easily and loves, loves, loves playing with other kids. He especially loves playing with his cousin Talitha. They have so much fun together! He also loves his baby brother though they fight over everything. They always have to have the exact same thing. Thankfully, Trey can be the bigger person and is able to share better than his baby brother....
-Brohdy continues to be our baby. He is so sweet, but he sure does have an stinker side. He's incredibly stubborn, goofy, and loving. You rarely see him without a smile on his face...unless things aren't going his way. His vocabulary continues to grow though he doesn't like to say what you ask him to...see...stubborn. I started the potty training adventure again. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it, but it's hard when all I have been doing today is cleaning up pee. This time around he realizes when he pees though and says, "ow"...haha...but it's at least progress. Did I mention that we're in the process of moving them in the same room? Brohdy has been sleeping in his big boy bed for a week now and is doing great. Trey is anxious to move his bed in Brohdy's room....I am not...haha...I'm worried the most about nap time. I'll keep you posted.
-We contemplated putting our house on the market this summer, but then realized we would have no where to go if we sold it...since we still don't know where Jason's next job will be. The housing market is improving in our area...yippee, but I think that we will have better luck next spring selling it...or sooner...it all depends on what happens with Jason. We are trusting God's plan and are being patient...though Jason is extremely anxious to have a man cave. :)
-VBS went great a couple of weeks ago! We had a huge group of kids and they were seriously great. We had one kiddo that struggled a bit and his mom wasn't much help, but I was thankful that I had two of the most patient and awesome helpers to help out with him. My body sure was tired, but my heart wasn't. I am thankful that God had me step out of my comfort zone and lead. It was so rewarding! Next year I won't lead due to the fact that I'll have a baby, but I'll definitely help out in some way.
-Mentor club is going great. God never ceases to amaze me with how he works out my life. I got matched up with an awesome girl....someone who actually inspires me. I'm so thankful that God placed her in my life! She's due to have her little girl any day now....so exciting! Craft is also going good at PAC. These girls are just awesome. I've learned a lot about myself this past year...that yes, things might seem scary, but it's worth it to step out of my comfort zone. I've learned to lean on God so much more this past year and so much about grace. I've been wanting to write a blog post on this topic for quite a while and it's on my list of things to do. :)
-Other than that we have some fun camping trips and family days coming up. Jason and I also have a backyard project that we can hopefully get done soon....and by saying we do...I really mean Jason... :)
I hope that everyone has also been enjoying their summer!
-I had my my almost 16 week apt today! We will know what the baby is in 4 weeks. :) Baby is doing great with a strong heart rate of 167. I'll be honest here....of course we would be excited if it's a girl....of course....but...I can totally see myself being a mama of three boys. It fits my personality, we even have a cute boy named picked out. I'll be just happy to see a healthy baby! I'm also going to say that mom and I may have purchased a pink OSU jersey and it just might be hanging in the future baby's room. :) If it's another sweet boy then I'll wrap up it for a friend...I'm looking at you Nic! :)
-Trey continues to be a big kid....continues to blow our minds with everything that he knows about life. He loves to ride his bike and has already asked to take the training wheels off....I'm just not ready for that. :) We have learned that he makes friends easily and loves, loves, loves playing with other kids. He especially loves playing with his cousin Talitha. They have so much fun together! He also loves his baby brother though they fight over everything. They always have to have the exact same thing. Thankfully, Trey can be the bigger person and is able to share better than his baby brother....
-Brohdy continues to be our baby. He is so sweet, but he sure does have an stinker side. He's incredibly stubborn, goofy, and loving. You rarely see him without a smile on his face...unless things aren't going his way. His vocabulary continues to grow though he doesn't like to say what you ask him to...see...stubborn. I started the potty training adventure again. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it, but it's hard when all I have been doing today is cleaning up pee. This time around he realizes when he pees though and says, "ow"...haha...but it's at least progress. Did I mention that we're in the process of moving them in the same room? Brohdy has been sleeping in his big boy bed for a week now and is doing great. Trey is anxious to move his bed in Brohdy's room....I am not...haha...I'm worried the most about nap time. I'll keep you posted.
-We contemplated putting our house on the market this summer, but then realized we would have no where to go if we sold it...since we still don't know where Jason's next job will be. The housing market is improving in our area...yippee, but I think that we will have better luck next spring selling it...or sooner...it all depends on what happens with Jason. We are trusting God's plan and are being patient...though Jason is extremely anxious to have a man cave. :)
-VBS went great a couple of weeks ago! We had a huge group of kids and they were seriously great. We had one kiddo that struggled a bit and his mom wasn't much help, but I was thankful that I had two of the most patient and awesome helpers to help out with him. My body sure was tired, but my heart wasn't. I am thankful that God had me step out of my comfort zone and lead. It was so rewarding! Next year I won't lead due to the fact that I'll have a baby, but I'll definitely help out in some way.
-Mentor club is going great. God never ceases to amaze me with how he works out my life. I got matched up with an awesome girl....someone who actually inspires me. I'm so thankful that God placed her in my life! She's due to have her little girl any day now....so exciting! Craft is also going good at PAC. These girls are just awesome. I've learned a lot about myself this past year...that yes, things might seem scary, but it's worth it to step out of my comfort zone. I've learned to lean on God so much more this past year and so much about grace. I've been wanting to write a blog post on this topic for quite a while and it's on my list of things to do. :)
-Other than that we have some fun camping trips and family days coming up. Jason and I also have a backyard project that we can hopefully get done soon....and by saying we do...I really mean Jason... :)
I hope that everyone has also been enjoying their summer!
Comments
Post a Comment