We are having another baby! Blessing #3 is due on January 8th!
I'm still in shock that we're pregnant. We weren't expecting to be and it's still so surreal!! I feel blessed though nervous about the transition of going to three. I have the same fears of before...will I be able to love all three of my kiddos as much as I love my two boys? These fears try to get the best of me, but I know that God will never, ever put anything in front of me that I can't handle. Another sweet thing about this baby is that it's due in January. Our first, sweet baby was due in January. Seriously, is God awesome or what?
Back to not expecting to be pregnant. I knew that I wanted a third baby, but Jason wasn't so sure. I got sick the month that we were going to casually try, so we did not anticipate being pregnant at all especially since it took us awhile to get pregnant with Brohdy. Jason was also offered a job at this time, so we were actually planning on not trying again for a while until all of the craziness of possibly relocating died down. Well, God made it clear that this was not the job for Jason. It wasn't going to be worth relocating our family and Jason wasn't 100% sure if this was the job for him. Fast forward a week. I felt a tad off, so I took a test ( I also wanted to drink a glass of wine that evening :) ) and this is what I saw.
Of course I had to take two more tests to be sure. :) I was so shocked that I didn't even wait for Jason to get home from work to tell him. I called him right then. When I found out that I would be due in January I was so happy and knew that this was God's plan all along.
Here is our sweet babe-
It doesn't matter what pregnancy you're on. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your healthy baby on the monitor. The baby had a strong heartbeat of 178 and was wiggling around. The baby also had some long skinny legs that were crossed. So adorable!
I have not been sleeping that great this pregnancy (hello multiple bathroom trips!) and have been pretty tired. I've also had some strong food aversions, but I'm on the uphill right now. Exercising has helped me so much this pregnancy already and I've added in a prenatal strength training video. I'm really hoping not to get induced this pregnancy and skip the epidural. I have no signs of hypertension (yahoo!) and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. I think that my white coat syndrome is improving and my anxiety is almost non-existent at this point. Thank you, Jesus!
Here are some funny videos of us telling the boys about the new baby.
Trey is so curious about the baby growing in my belly. He's also more open to having a sister today, but I'm sure that will change day by day. Brohdy could care less. :)
I will try to be better about updating my blog since my energy level is getting better. We have a busy couple of weeks coming up. Treyton turns 4!!!! How is that possible? We have a super fun day planned for him and our families. :) We are so excited! Then it's the 4th and then it's our VBS and I'm a team leader this year! Prayers would be so appreciated for this task. I am sooo excited to lead a group of cute 5-7 year olds, but I'm also a tad nervous! Worst case we will just run around singing songs about Jesus and have fun...haha...no, I really do have some fun stuff planned for them and I hope that their hearts are open to learn about the great love of Jesus! I'm also doing mentor club again and craft at PAC. These girls sure have made an impression on my heart. I went from being a ball of nerves to looking forward to seeing them every couple of weeks! Throw in a some fun family trips and camping and that's our summer! Oh...and finding out what our sweet babe is in August! This might just be my favorite summer yet!
I have so much more to update everyone and I will work on getting them posted in the next couple of weeks, but for now have a great week! :)
I'm still in shock that we're pregnant. We weren't expecting to be and it's still so surreal!! I feel blessed though nervous about the transition of going to three. I have the same fears of before...will I be able to love all three of my kiddos as much as I love my two boys? These fears try to get the best of me, but I know that God will never, ever put anything in front of me that I can't handle. Another sweet thing about this baby is that it's due in January. Our first, sweet baby was due in January. Seriously, is God awesome or what?
Back to not expecting to be pregnant. I knew that I wanted a third baby, but Jason wasn't so sure. I got sick the month that we were going to casually try, so we did not anticipate being pregnant at all especially since it took us awhile to get pregnant with Brohdy. Jason was also offered a job at this time, so we were actually planning on not trying again for a while until all of the craziness of possibly relocating died down. Well, God made it clear that this was not the job for Jason. It wasn't going to be worth relocating our family and Jason wasn't 100% sure if this was the job for him. Fast forward a week. I felt a tad off, so I took a test ( I also wanted to drink a glass of wine that evening :) ) and this is what I saw.
Of course I had to take two more tests to be sure. :) I was so shocked that I didn't even wait for Jason to get home from work to tell him. I called him right then. When I found out that I would be due in January I was so happy and knew that this was God's plan all along.
Here is our sweet babe-
It doesn't matter what pregnancy you're on. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your healthy baby on the monitor. The baby had a strong heartbeat of 178 and was wiggling around. The baby also had some long skinny legs that were crossed. So adorable!
I have not been sleeping that great this pregnancy (hello multiple bathroom trips!) and have been pretty tired. I've also had some strong food aversions, but I'm on the uphill right now. Exercising has helped me so much this pregnancy already and I've added in a prenatal strength training video. I'm really hoping not to get induced this pregnancy and skip the epidural. I have no signs of hypertension (yahoo!) and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. I think that my white coat syndrome is improving and my anxiety is almost non-existent at this point. Thank you, Jesus!
Here are some funny videos of us telling the boys about the new baby.
Trey is so curious about the baby growing in my belly. He's also more open to having a sister today, but I'm sure that will change day by day. Brohdy could care less. :)
I will try to be better about updating my blog since my energy level is getting better. We have a busy couple of weeks coming up. Treyton turns 4!!!! How is that possible? We have a super fun day planned for him and our families. :) We are so excited! Then it's the 4th and then it's our VBS and I'm a team leader this year! Prayers would be so appreciated for this task. I am sooo excited to lead a group of cute 5-7 year olds, but I'm also a tad nervous! Worst case we will just run around singing songs about Jesus and have fun...haha...no, I really do have some fun stuff planned for them and I hope that their hearts are open to learn about the great love of Jesus! I'm also doing mentor club again and craft at PAC. These girls sure have made an impression on my heart. I went from being a ball of nerves to looking forward to seeing them every couple of weeks! Throw in a some fun family trips and camping and that's our summer! Oh...and finding out what our sweet babe is in August! This might just be my favorite summer yet!
I have so much more to update everyone and I will work on getting them posted in the next couple of weeks, but for now have a great week! :)
Comments
Post a Comment