These Boys

These boys are awesome. They can still drive me crazy with their fighting, but they are sweet. They are fun and joyful. I've been trying to be more of a yes mom lately and not worry so much about what other people are thinking about my kid's behavior. I tend to parent too much (at least I think that I do.) I want my kids to have manners. I want them to be kind and share. This doesn't always happen. I tend to worry when my kids are being loud and wild, but why? Sure, I want my kids to be respectful and to obey, but I also want them to be little. I want them to explore this world and not have to worry whether or not they're bothering other people with their loud questions and curiosity. I want them to run and jump. I want them to let the world know how joyful they are. This week...I am trying. I am letting things go. I'm letting them work out their problems more. I'm trying to exert more joy, because really...what is life without it?


































 I am super happy that they have finally come out with boy leggings for little guys. I have always said that I wish that they would!  I won't be putting them on Trey, but Brohdy is still my baby...so he can pull them off, right? Jason loves my fashion sense. :)

This kid's hair. Jason and I are still debating over what to do with it. Trim it? Go short? He gets called a girl so much though I clearly dress him like a boy.. ;) No, but really. He's never worn the leggins out and people comment on how cute she is all of the time... :)





I know that I posted this photo before, but I can't get over how much he looks like my mama here!


A&W after hitting up some garage sales with grams


 Heading out to church....so happy to be back after missing a couple of weeks from being sick!


The hubs put up my bead board!! He does the greatest job! Thanks babe! Now for that farm table...kidding....kind of... :)


Have a great week!

Comments

  1. I love your mentality here Kara! It is hard to let some things go and let them just BE, but ultimately, you will probably get the same result and feel happier in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm going to start telling myself that now because the wildness is starting! Trey and Brohdy are sweet, amazing beautiful boys who never need to be apologized for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I struggle with this a lot. They are kids....I think that they were meant to be loud. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment