We are attempting to potty train Brohdy again. It's been a hit and miss thus far, but we're trucking through. I have almost thrown in the towel 100 times, but I'm determined not to quit or to go crazy. Potty training the second child is a lot harder than than the first! He is our stubborn little boy, so I've adjusted my techniques. I'm trying to be more relaxed, which is hard when you have to clean pee off of floor, but I also want Brohdy to think that potty training is fun. I have a feeling that it's going to take a while and that's ok. His little tush is too cute in those undies to turn back now!
In other news with Brohdy he will be two next month. TWO!!! I, of course am in complete denial about this. I have put off buying party decorations and making his invites, because it just doesn't seem fair that my baby should already be turning two! He most definitely is going through the so called "terrible twos." He throws fits and likes to take his brother toys. Have I mentioned that he is extremely loud? He is also incredibly sweet and is still a mama's boy. He loves to play trucks and he can say the sounds of the alphabet. He still doesn't like to talk in full sentences, but he loves, loves, loves to look at letters and say their sounds. He is getting big and leaning out....we love that sweet, little baby of ours!
Speaking of getting big.....
We signed Trey up for preschool today. I have gone back and forth....and back and forth on if I was going to send Trey to school next year. He will be attending our local Christian school. He is so ready, but I am not. This is one of the most exciting , but also the most heart breaking decision that I've had to make as a parent! Part of me wants to home school the boys and who knows maybe I still will at some point, but the other part knows that I have to let go a little bit. If I do home school I want it to be for the right reasons and not because I am fearful of things. The teachers were so sweet and the facility was great, so I'm feeling better about our decision to send him to school for a couple of half days a week next year. There are a ton of home school families at our church, who do such a great job with their kiddos, so we'll probably still try to meet up with them once a month. I sure will miss this little chatter box when he's at school. I don't know what I'll do with only one kid!
We finally finished the bead and board in the laundry room. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint the walls or not. I kind of like the all white...and I'm also a tad lazy and don't want to make the effort to paint it right now. I just painted the boy's bathroom grey a couple of months back, stained my dining room table, and entertainment center and I'm still recovering from all of it. I also want to eventually paint my house again, so I figure that I should rest up for that project.. I really want to repaint my house white or possibly a light grey/blue again, but our house has a open concept, which means I would have to paint practically everything and that is just something that I don't have time for right now... :) Maybe this summer...Jason is cringing right now...he thinks that I have too much time on my hands and I also eventually rope him into my projects, but I can't help it. He's just good at building stuff and getting the hard parts done. :)
Other than that we have been busy growing our garden, swimming, cleaning, more cleaning, running errands, cleaning, and playing cars, trains and trucks. I really need to get on Brohdy boy's birthday party though. I know what I'm doing...I just need to get it done.
Next week we have our PAC craft and we're doing memory boxes. I'm excited to see the girls again!
Have a great rest of the week!
Potty training like a boss... :)
In other news with Brohdy he will be two next month. TWO!!! I, of course am in complete denial about this. I have put off buying party decorations and making his invites, because it just doesn't seem fair that my baby should already be turning two! He most definitely is going through the so called "terrible twos." He throws fits and likes to take his brother toys. Have I mentioned that he is extremely loud? He is also incredibly sweet and is still a mama's boy. He loves to play trucks and he can say the sounds of the alphabet. He still doesn't like to talk in full sentences, but he loves, loves, loves to look at letters and say their sounds. He is getting big and leaning out....we love that sweet, little baby of ours!
Speaking of getting big.....
We signed Trey up for preschool today. I have gone back and forth....and back and forth on if I was going to send Trey to school next year. He will be attending our local Christian school. He is so ready, but I am not. This is one of the most exciting , but also the most heart breaking decision that I've had to make as a parent! Part of me wants to home school the boys and who knows maybe I still will at some point, but the other part knows that I have to let go a little bit. If I do home school I want it to be for the right reasons and not because I am fearful of things. The teachers were so sweet and the facility was great, so I'm feeling better about our decision to send him to school for a couple of half days a week next year. There are a ton of home school families at our church, who do such a great job with their kiddos, so we'll probably still try to meet up with them once a month. I sure will miss this little chatter box when he's at school. I don't know what I'll do with only one kid!
We finally finished the bead and board in the laundry room. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint the walls or not. I kind of like the all white...and I'm also a tad lazy and don't want to make the effort to paint it right now. I just painted the boy's bathroom grey a couple of months back, stained my dining room table, and entertainment center and I'm still recovering from all of it. I also want to eventually paint my house again, so I figure that I should rest up for that project.. I really want to repaint my house white or possibly a light grey/blue again, but our house has a open concept, which means I would have to paint practically everything and that is just something that I don't have time for right now... :) Maybe this summer...Jason is cringing right now...he thinks that I have too much time on my hands and I also eventually rope him into my projects, but I can't help it. He's just good at building stuff and getting the hard parts done. :)
Other than that we have been busy growing our garden, swimming, cleaning, more cleaning, running errands, cleaning, and playing cars, trains and trucks. I really need to get on Brohdy boy's birthday party though. I know what I'm doing...I just need to get it done.
Do you think that I need to weed?
Our second round...our peppers, tomatoes, and herbs!
Next week we have our PAC craft and we're doing memory boxes. I'm excited to see the girls again!
Have a great rest of the week!
























Comments
Post a Comment