We dedicated the boys this past Sunday. We didn't have a home church when Trey was born, so it was special to be able to do the boys at the same time.
Jason wrote a prayer for the boys and we also chose Colossians 1:9-12 as their life verse.
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:9-12
Jason's prayer:
"Lord, thank you for blessing us with Treyton and Brohdy, and for this opportunity to acknowledge our desire to raise them in your ways. Please watch over and protect them. Fill their hearts with a desire to look to you for strength and have the courage to follow where you lead. Guide us as parents with wisdom and patience, and help us to be a beacon to your Word."
We both hope and pray that they walk everyday with Jesus. I want to them to know the true joy that comes with giving your life to Him. It took me many, many years to finally understand and feel that joy and I always pray that they are never without it, because, well, it's awesome!
This picture cracks me up. Brohdy was fussing, so I stepped away, while the other dad's were praying and hopped right back in when it was Jason's turn. Trey also fell off of the steps at some point.
Easter is quickly approaching and I'm always on the hunt for age appropriate activities for the boys to learn the true meaning of Easter. I love, love, love Ann Voskamp. She is truly inspiring and I've been following her blog ever since I read her book, "One Thousand Gifts." I came across this awesome Come to Easter Garden on her blog. Our garden isn't as rustic and cool looking as the one in the blog, but we still think that it's pretty neat. :) It will be fun to light the candles and do the butterfly and to teach Trey and Brohdy more about His grace and the ultimate sacrifice.
Just a few random pictures to end this post:
This was Trey's microphone. His creativity never ceases to amaze us.
Have a great week!!!
Jason wrote a prayer for the boys and we also chose Colossians 1:9-12 as their life verse.
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:9-12
Jason's prayer:
"Lord, thank you for blessing us with Treyton and Brohdy, and for this opportunity to acknowledge our desire to raise them in your ways. Please watch over and protect them. Fill their hearts with a desire to look to you for strength and have the courage to follow where you lead. Guide us as parents with wisdom and patience, and help us to be a beacon to your Word."
We both hope and pray that they walk everyday with Jesus. I want to them to know the true joy that comes with giving your life to Him. It took me many, many years to finally understand and feel that joy and I always pray that they are never without it, because, well, it's awesome!
This picture cracks me up. Brohdy was fussing, so I stepped away, while the other dad's were praying and hopped right back in when it was Jason's turn. Trey also fell off of the steps at some point.
Easter is quickly approaching and I'm always on the hunt for age appropriate activities for the boys to learn the true meaning of Easter. I love, love, love Ann Voskamp. She is truly inspiring and I've been following her blog ever since I read her book, "One Thousand Gifts." I came across this awesome Come to Easter Garden on her blog. Our garden isn't as rustic and cool looking as the one in the blog, but we still think that it's pretty neat. :) It will be fun to light the candles and do the butterfly and to teach Trey and Brohdy more about His grace and the ultimate sacrifice.
Just a few random pictures to end this post:
This was Trey's microphone. His creativity never ceases to amaze us.
Wearing brother's boots..
We went on a bike ride today to the park....in our pajamas....one day I might have a nicer camera on my phone, but I dig my old flip phone for now... :)
Have a great week!!!








Comments
Post a Comment