"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. " Romans 12:6-8
These two little boys of mine continue to be so different from each other. Trey is our sweet, serious, and studious little boy. He takes on everything that he does with full force. Brohdy is our stubborn, but easy going, laughtastic, take life as it is boy. He doesn't like to do what you want him to and he would rather run around and destroy everything than to do anything studious. We are learning to accept and appreciate their differences and to love them for who they are.
Here is what they have been up to lately:
Trey
- He's in the big brother bossy stage. He always wants Brohdy to follow him around, though he doesn't always like to share. We hear a lot of, "Let's go Brohdy" or "Come here Brohdy."
-He's already put a couple of scratches on his glasses. He does a great job at keeping them on his face, but we give him a few breaks during the day to let his ears rest. :)
- He's such a story teller. I walked in to get him from Sunday school last week and he was telling a silly story about Brohdy....I'm not really sure what it was about or if it even made sense, but it was sweet to hear.
- He loves music. He loves his instruments. He loves to sing though he doesn't like to dance with his mama all that much. Mama has moves, but he hasn't quite learned to appreciate them yet. :)
-Doing school with Trey has been a little bit of a struggle. He doesn't like to sit still for that long, but he loves to learn. He has been writing his full name for some time now and he likes to write other letters as well, but he doesn't always like to listen to his mama. He would rather do school his own way and do the pages that he wants to do.....he's too smart for his own good that kid. We just ordered these really cool flash cards that I'll share with you once they arrive. A sweet lady from our church let us borrow hers and they were a hit with both boys. I'm hoping that this solves our sitting still problem.
-He had his first real defiant moment in Church last Sunday. I took him by myself since were potty training Brohdy (more on that later) and he did not want to listen to me. He normally loves worship time and we've never had any problems with him. I was mortified, but thankfully God kept me calm and collected. Trey got in quite a bit of trouble that day and I am so thankful for the sweet members of our Church. I had two ladies come give me hugs and remind me that I was doing a great job. I was so thankful for their kind words! We survived the day though....just another learning moment for me. :)
-He asks 1000000000 questions a day.
-He's all of sudden interested in salad. Kids are random.
-He visited the dentist for the first time. All went well and his teeth looked fine, so he doesn't have to go back until July to get them cleaned. Good job, buddy!
-Trey can be a stinker, but he still has one of the biggest hearts around. He makes me so proud when I see him be kind to other kids and his brother (sometimes... :) )
Brohdy
-Now this kid is my dancing, buddy. He hears music and instantly starts dancing and always wants to dance with us.
-He's saying more words, but still doesn't speak in full sentences.
-He's such a love bug. He's always looking for a snuggle.
-He can point out the different shapes and colors though he won't say them.
-His laugh is unreal. He laughs from his soul. It's the greatest.
-He is a stubborn kid still. Likes to do things on his own....on his own time. We attempted potty training last weekend. We lasted three days and decided that he just wasn't ready. Trey would go at least 15 minutes in between pottying...we learned that B is a leaky faucet that pees all day. I hate giving up on things....hate to....but it was pretty clear that he wasn't ready. No M&M could make him hold his potty. We are going to try again in April...and stick with it! :)
-He wants to do everything that Trey does still. They run around like two little wild men most days and get a lot of bonks and bruises.
-He's still overly dramatic and works the system.
These two boys are so different and we love everything about them. They continue to grow closer and it's just awesome to watch. There are days that I want to run and hide when it feels like all they do is bug each other, but then there are sweet moments like this:
A sweet lady came out of her house to tell me that her heart melted when she saw Trey pulling Brohdy. I'm so thankful that ladies who have been where I am at now take the time to tell me these sweet things. They remind me why I'm a mom. I thank God for these moments of realization. That He continues to show me why I'm here.
This isn't about me. It's about these two boys. I can easily lose sight of this on the bad days. It's easy to have pity parties...to not turn to God and beg for mercy.
I love this chorus from Jamie Grace's song, "Holding On"
"I just keep holding on to what I believe
Oh, I believe in you
Give me the strength to fight
And the heart to believe
When it’s hard to believe in you"
I'm so thankful that our God is merciful and full of forgiveness and that He always gives me the strength to fight for my boys.
Have a great rest of the week!
These two little boys of mine continue to be so different from each other. Trey is our sweet, serious, and studious little boy. He takes on everything that he does with full force. Brohdy is our stubborn, but easy going, laughtastic, take life as it is boy. He doesn't like to do what you want him to and he would rather run around and destroy everything than to do anything studious. We are learning to accept and appreciate their differences and to love them for who they are.
Here is what they have been up to lately:
Trey
- He's in the big brother bossy stage. He always wants Brohdy to follow him around, though he doesn't always like to share. We hear a lot of, "Let's go Brohdy" or "Come here Brohdy."
-He's already put a couple of scratches on his glasses. He does a great job at keeping them on his face, but we give him a few breaks during the day to let his ears rest. :)
- He's such a story teller. I walked in to get him from Sunday school last week and he was telling a silly story about Brohdy....I'm not really sure what it was about or if it even made sense, but it was sweet to hear.
- He loves music. He loves his instruments. He loves to sing though he doesn't like to dance with his mama all that much. Mama has moves, but he hasn't quite learned to appreciate them yet. :)
-Doing school with Trey has been a little bit of a struggle. He doesn't like to sit still for that long, but he loves to learn. He has been writing his full name for some time now and he likes to write other letters as well, but he doesn't always like to listen to his mama. He would rather do school his own way and do the pages that he wants to do.....he's too smart for his own good that kid. We just ordered these really cool flash cards that I'll share with you once they arrive. A sweet lady from our church let us borrow hers and they were a hit with both boys. I'm hoping that this solves our sitting still problem.
-He had his first real defiant moment in Church last Sunday. I took him by myself since were potty training Brohdy (more on that later) and he did not want to listen to me. He normally loves worship time and we've never had any problems with him. I was mortified, but thankfully God kept me calm and collected. Trey got in quite a bit of trouble that day and I am so thankful for the sweet members of our Church. I had two ladies come give me hugs and remind me that I was doing a great job. I was so thankful for their kind words! We survived the day though....just another learning moment for me. :)
-He asks 1000000000 questions a day.
-He's all of sudden interested in salad. Kids are random.
-He visited the dentist for the first time. All went well and his teeth looked fine, so he doesn't have to go back until July to get them cleaned. Good job, buddy!
-Trey can be a stinker, but he still has one of the biggest hearts around. He makes me so proud when I see him be kind to other kids and his brother (sometimes... :) )
Brohdy
-Now this kid is my dancing, buddy. He hears music and instantly starts dancing and always wants to dance with us.
-He's saying more words, but still doesn't speak in full sentences.
-He's such a love bug. He's always looking for a snuggle.
-He can point out the different shapes and colors though he won't say them.
-His laugh is unreal. He laughs from his soul. It's the greatest.
-He is a stubborn kid still. Likes to do things on his own....on his own time. We attempted potty training last weekend. We lasted three days and decided that he just wasn't ready. Trey would go at least 15 minutes in between pottying...we learned that B is a leaky faucet that pees all day. I hate giving up on things....hate to....but it was pretty clear that he wasn't ready. No M&M could make him hold his potty. We are going to try again in April...and stick with it! :)
Dad of the year!
-He wants to do everything that Trey does still. They run around like two little wild men most days and get a lot of bonks and bruises.
-He's still overly dramatic and works the system.
These two boys are so different and we love everything about them. They continue to grow closer and it's just awesome to watch. There are days that I want to run and hide when it feels like all they do is bug each other, but then there are sweet moments like this:
( These were taken from my awesome flip phone, so they are a tad blurry :) )
A sweet lady came out of her house to tell me that her heart melted when she saw Trey pulling Brohdy. I'm so thankful that ladies who have been where I am at now take the time to tell me these sweet things. They remind me why I'm a mom. I thank God for these moments of realization. That He continues to show me why I'm here.
This isn't about me. It's about these two boys. I can easily lose sight of this on the bad days. It's easy to have pity parties...to not turn to God and beg for mercy.
I love this chorus from Jamie Grace's song, "Holding On"
"I just keep holding on to what I believe
Oh, I believe in you
Give me the strength to fight
And the heart to believe
When it’s hard to believe in you"
I'm so thankful that our God is merciful and full of forgiveness and that He always gives me the strength to fight for my boys.
Have a great rest of the week!
























Comments
Post a Comment