Happy New Year!


 We had a low key New Years Eve. This year we took the kids with us when we went out to eat for sushi this year. We didn't give them any sushi, but they enjoyed their rice, veggies, edamame,
and shrimp as much as we enjoyed our Sushi. My kids love shrimp as much as I do.

I'm never huge on setting resolutions, but I do have some in mind for the new year. Here we go:

-Be diligent with my bible reading. I do pretty good most days, but I can easily get distracted during nap time. They just handed out outlines at our Church, so I'm going to try to follow along with that.

-Be a better wife. :)

- Do my workout in the mornings before the boys wake up instead of during nap time. This would effect my whole day.... in a good way. I would shower earlier and would be able to only clean and then relax during nap time instead of cleaning, working out, prepping for dinner...ect. This means that I have to force myself to go bed earlier and tivo Parenthood and Nashville. I used to have no problem waking up early when I worked full time, but I have become pretty lazy in the mornings since I had kiddos. I just sleep until they sleep, which causes a whole delay to our day. I can do it.....I think. :)

-Start school lessons at least two days per week again with Trey. We slacked off this past month. There were just too many awesome Holiday movies and festivities to partake in, which I think is ok. Breaks are good....and fun. :)

 - Meet up with more stay at home mamas from my Church. I tend to stay in my happy, little bubble and not put myself out there as much. It would be good for the boys and for me. :)

- Potty train the Brohd in the next couple of months...and take away his sleep-time binky. We are super excited about these two things.........I am also being super sarcastic. :)

-Laugh more with my boys.
 
-Get my stuff together. I need to organize my kitchen...and my closet...oh and every other room in my house. 

- Volunteer again at the Pregnancy Alternative Center. I never wrote about how I volunteered as a mentor last Summer. I'll just say that it was awesome and challenging. :)

I have more little goals, but I don't want to bore you too much. The main things that I want to achieve this year is to be intentional. Every single day Spend more time with my family. Be kind. Forgive. Love. Grow closer to God.

Bring on 2013!

I made homemade Nutrigrain bars this past weekend since my kids love those things....they aren't the prettiest, but they tasted pretty good and are alot healthier than the store bought ones. I'll work on my artistic ability with my next batch. Here's the recipe that I used: Bars


Kid tested and approved...though it looks like Trey is about to give me a thumbs down
 



He thinks that he is going the splits here


Our New Year Day walk...daddy even joined us.



 Just some random photos that I messed with in photoshop...





New Year's Eve dinner... the photos are a tad blurry, but they still look cute! 





Comments