My dad's surgery was a success! He's slowly recovering and is still pretty uncomfortable, but overall he's doing great. Why did my dad have surgery? Back in November he was diagnosed with Prostate cancer. When I first heard the news I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel scared. At this point we weren't sure if it had spread to any other regions of his body. All we could do was pray and hope for the best. I was able to go along with my parents to his appointment where we learned that cancer was isolated to the prostate, but we wouldn't know 100% for sure that it hadn't spread until after his surgery. During this time a family friend who specializes in prostate cancer listened to me on the phone...emailed and texted me back and offered all of her knowledge to me. I can't thank her enough for her patience and kindness. She's truly been such a blessing to our family!
He chose have his prostate removed, which we all supported. We got the news yesterday that the doctor didn't see any cancer is any other organs. Praise Jesus! :) He's now resting and trying to heal as quickly as possible. It's not easy watching your dad be in pain, but he's doing such a good job at trying to be positive. We're so thankful for his health! I can't thank my friends and family for all of their kind words and prayers during this process. It made my dad feel pretty special when I would tell him all of the people who called or texted with prayers. THANK YOU!!
This process has showed me once again how precious life is and how thankful I am for my friends and family. God granted me with so much peace and strength. He is so good!
Here's a funny ending. I was attempting to explain to Trey why his gramps was in the hospital. I told him that a very nice doctor was going to try to get rid of an illness that was in gramps, so that he could feel better. Trey pondered over this for a moment and said, "Why doesn't he just go outside in the sunshine? That makes everyone feel better. " I love that goofy and sweet boy!
He chose have his prostate removed, which we all supported. We got the news yesterday that the doctor didn't see any cancer is any other organs. Praise Jesus! :) He's now resting and trying to heal as quickly as possible. It's not easy watching your dad be in pain, but he's doing such a good job at trying to be positive. We're so thankful for his health! I can't thank my friends and family for all of their kind words and prayers during this process. It made my dad feel pretty special when I would tell him all of the people who called or texted with prayers. THANK YOU!!
This process has showed me once again how precious life is and how thankful I am for my friends and family. God granted me with so much peace and strength. He is so good!
Here's a funny ending. I was attempting to explain to Trey why his gramps was in the hospital. I told him that a very nice doctor was going to try to get rid of an illness that was in gramps, so that he could feel better. Trey pondered over this for a moment and said, "Why doesn't he just go outside in the sunshine? That makes everyone feel better. " I love that goofy and sweet boy!
Comments
Post a Comment