We have been having a lot of fun counting down to Christmas this year. Trey reminds me daily that we have to move the bear and our numbers. Here's a look at our Advent Calendars.
The first one is our 12-Day Holiday Countdown from DaySpring. You can find it here: Countdown
It comes with a little book that goes with each day. We did it for Thanksgiving also. It's a sweet reminder of what Christmas and the Holidays are truly about. It has little questions to ask each day and it has been quite humorous and sweet to hear Trey's responses on how God works in his life. I first saw this on the The Mac's Blog. I love reading this sweet blog!
The next calendar we do is an oldie, but goodie. It's the same Advent calendar that I used to do when I was a kid. I dug and dug for this in my Mom's old Christmas decorations and I was so happy that I found it. I stole it from her and told her that she can't have it back. :)
The first one is our 12-Day Holiday Countdown from DaySpring. You can find it here: Countdown
It comes with a little book that goes with each day. We did it for Thanksgiving also. It's a sweet reminder of what Christmas and the Holidays are truly about. It has little questions to ask each day and it has been quite humorous and sweet to hear Trey's responses on how God works in his life. I first saw this on the The Mac's Blog. I love reading this sweet blog!
The next calendar we do is an oldie, but goodie. It's the same Advent calendar that I used to do when I was a kid. I dug and dug for this in my Mom's old Christmas decorations and I was so happy that I found it. I stole it from her and told her that she can't have it back. :)
Awesome, huh? :)
I subscribe to the I Can Teach My Child blog. I recieved an email yesterday explaining how The Connecticut PTSA has asked that snowflakes of all shapes and sizes
be sent to the address below so that they can create a winter wonderland
for the students of Newton when they resume school in January.
I think that this is such a sweet idea and one that anyone can participate in. We whipped some up and I'm going to stick them in the mail once the boys wake up from their naps. Here is the address if anyone is interested in sending some snowflakes:
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514
I hope that this project makes you smile like it did for us!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family!
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514
I hope that this project makes you smile like it did for us!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family!






Comments
Post a Comment