18 Months


Brohdy turned 18 months last week The Brohd has been keeping me busy....soooo busy lately. Here is how:

-He has turned into a stinker. Don't get me wrong. He is still my sweet, sweet boy and is such a charmer, but he's also exhibiting animal like tendencies. He screams...throws his body onto the floor..and just plain freaks out when he doesn't get his way. Here are some examples of what he doesn't like. He hates...I mean hates having his diaper changed. He freaks out every time he needs it changed, which is often since he poops about 3 to 4 times a day...no joke. He hates having to go inside..meaning every single day when I carry him inside our house he is screaming and arching his back. He also hates being put into the van. I swear that my neighbors must think that I'm torturing him.  He touches and does everything that he's not supposed to. He dumps the dog water...he grabs the Christmas Tree....he throws cars....he climbs onto everything....he is plain crazy. His monster like behavior hasn't gone unnoticed. He has gotten in quite a bit of trouble these days....quite a bit.

-He is going through a full blown attachment phase once again with his mama. He wouldn't even let Jason get him out of his crib or hold him for a week. Thank goodness that has passed, but he still doesn't like to let me out of his eye sight. He must enjoy all of the discipline...or driving me bonkers.

-He follows his big brother everywhere. They really do play together quite a bit these days and it's really sweet. They still fight over toys and bug each other, but overall they like each other. :)

-He loves soft things and animals....the way that he says, "kitttttttyyyyyyy" just melts me.

-He doesn't have as advanced vocabulary as his brother did at this age and he still only says a few words. He can point to facial features and says the sounds of animals. He has just never been in as big of hurry as Trey was to learn new things. That's just who he is and we love it. :)

-He loves to read. We read about 20 books per day. Trey also likes to read books to him, which is so sweet.

-He has the greatest run. Jason's thinks that I'm nuts, but I love it. Video below to prove the awesomness of it.

-He is super busy and never stays in one place for long. I'm always on the hunt for him unless I leave the room...then he's right behind me. :)

-His hair is NUTS, but we can't cut it yet. I am obsessed with those baby curls and I'm not ready for him to grow up quite yet. Some people hate it, some love it....but we don't care. It fits his laid back personality. 

-Like I mentioned before....this kid loves the outdoors. I think that he would live out there if we let him.

-He really is sweet....I promise....he is just going through his testing age...Trey did too and we will overcome it. Nothing beats his hugs or kisses or the way that he says mama.

-His favorite things include: Mama, Dada, Trey, Lola, cars, FOOD, Milk & Water, blocks, running, going crazy, clapping, dancing, the outdoors, reading, snuggiling and being awesome.

Happy 18 months to our sweet, little stinker boy!! We love you Brohdster!


Comments