Whew!

Whew! I'm a tad behind on my Thanksgiving post, but I have a good excuse! Jason was gone for five days for a wedding in California, so I was busy parenting solo. I'm going to recap how we stayed busy, while Jason was gone and what I did to not completely lose my mind. :)

- We had a great Thanksgiving in SH. The boys had fun playing with their cousins and we ate a TON of food. Jason had to leave that night to start his road trip down to Cali, so that was kind of a bummer, BUT it was a great day. Jason finsihed hanging up our Christmas lights...that was kind of demanded from me before he left.  My parents came over after dinner, so that my mom and I could do something that we had never done before....Black Friday shopping!! I hate crowds....hate them. I always like to shop during the week or early in the mornings on the weekends to avoid them, BUT Wal-Mart opened up early, which is pretty ridiculous in my opinion, but it made for a fun evening with my mama. We went in more for the experience than than purchases and it was quite entertaining. Crazy, but no one was mean and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. We even walked away with a few purchases. Go us!

-The next day the boys and I hung around the house and put up our indoor Christmas decorations. Trey helped me make cinnamon ornaments and homemade bread. We may have watched an extra Christmas movie as well. :) In the afternoon my mama came over and we went to Albany to get a few things...came home...ate...put the boys to bed and watched a Christmas Movie.

-On Saturday we also stayed home in the morning and Jason's sweet mama and grandma came over to hang out with us for a bit that afternoon.

-On Sunday the boys and I headed to Target and Ross and picked up a few things and then my parents dropped off our Christmas Tree. The boys attempted to help me decorate, which turned into an even bigger chore, but I appreciated their effort.

-On Monday we just  did our best to survive our last day. That was a task. :) Jason got home at 11PM that night, which I was very thankful for. :)

The boys are hooligans and insanely busy, but it was really wasn't that bad. I'm used to being with them all day, but I'm also used to getting a short break once Jason gets home, so I had to learn to push through the evenings. The worst part was that both boys came down with colds as soon as I put them down for bed on Thanksgiving. The colds didn't slow down the snot monsters one bit though.

The boys sure were happy to see their daddy when he greeted them on Tuesday morning as was I! Thank you to my parents, Sue, and Bachan for keeping me company and sane. :)

I'll have an 18 month post on Brohdy sometime this week!


This kid is such a monkey....oh my.







 Trey took this picture...Civil War Day...too bad we lost. :(


We finished our Calendar!!








Thank goodness that Monday was sunny!! FRESH AIR!!!


 Our tree is still not complete...I'm on the hunt for garland. :)


Comments