Boys Update

The boys adjusted to this time change fairly easily. The first day they got up normal time and then slept in the next day. I guess they are lazy sleepers like their mom and dad.  I, on the other hand have not been adjusting to the time change and dark nights as easily. I have been feeling a tad more tired than lately and I’ve been having a hard time waking up in the morning. I started taking a Vitamin D supplement and have lowered my caffeine intake and that has seemed to help. It is the holiday season and this mama has no time to rest! 

Speaking of the Holiday season….I actually started my Holiday shopping last weekend. I always like to be done by early, so that we can focus on baking, crafts, and Holiday activities during December

Now on to the boys….. They have been two little busy bees lately. Running around, climbing on furniture, and of course wrestling. Brohdy has especially been busy living life on the edge. I found him on top of the bathroom counter the other day. I could hear him playing, but couldn’t find him. I had even looked in the bathroom, but our door opens into the counter, so I didn’t see him the first time. The monkey had used Trey’s stool…climbed up on the toilet and then somehow stretched his short little body up on the counter. He was happily brushing his teeth as I was about to have a panic attack. I had to take a picture. Not the smartest move on my part since he could have fallen at any moment, but there was no way that Jason would have believed me if I hadn’t snapped a picture. Good thing that I keep my camera close by.

The boys have been enjoying each other’s company a lot more these days and this seriously brings a tear to my eye! We struggled for quite a while with those two little hooligans fighting over everything. I still can barely believe it that they actually enjoy playing with each other! God literally had to hold me up during these past few months with them fighting all of the time. I am so thankful for his mercy. I am so thankful that he showed me glimmers of hope during this struggle. What a blessing to watch their friendship grow. I am so thankful.  I have so much fun watching their crazy antics! Can you tell I’m excited?? :)

Brohdy has been a teething monster this past month. Poor buddy got slammed with so many teeth. He had a rough couple of weeks of sleep . He would wake up at least once, but would go right back to sleep though. Thank goodness. He has been sleeping like his old lazy self this past week and that’s been nice. He was also super emotional during this time……and LOUD…..and DRAMATIC…oh, little Brohdy….you totally live up being the baby of the family…no worries buddy….so do I. :)

 Trey is sounding and looking like such a big little dude these days. He tells some fantastic stories and is quite humorous. He has proven to have an unreal memory and holds us accountable. All of the time….all of the time.  I think that he has his first crush. There’s a little girl in his AWANAS and Sunday school that we always catch him chatting to. He busted up in giggles when we asked him about her. He also has a super cool buddy named Traegen. Treyton…Traegen….it was meant to be. :)

We have been doing some pre-school workbooks along with our AWANAS. It has been fun pretending to be a teacher, but I think Trey is ready to go to “real” school next year.

Both boys are growing like weeds. Brohdy weighs about 26 pounds now and has outgrown his GDiapers. I was going to buy the next size up, but I decided against it since we will start potty training in the next couple of months. I’ve been using more disposable and our Bumgenius and that has been working out great.

These two little boys continue to be crazy, but incredibly sweet. I’m looking forward to all of the crazy stories that I will have in the near future. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed for no broken bones. :)









"Biggest car line in the world...."


Living life on the edge...literally.






Comments