Wow…where did the time go? I can’t believe that I’m 30 years old today!! Today has been a great day. I was woken up by Trey and Jason with breakfast in bed. We snuck over to Bachan’s house and had a great morning. Yesterday we went to visit my grandma who looked quite fabulous I might add. I’ve done some yard work…went for a run…and hung out with my mama. I’ve had a great time celebrating my 30th birthday. I am so blessed with the best husband and family around. Thank you for making my day so special and for my rad gifts that I don’t deserve!
I thought that I would be me anxious about turning 30…that I would be dreading this, but in reality I’ve been excited about it. I remember turning 25 and just feeling bummed. I felt like I was losing my care-free life and that it was the time to start to grow up. Friends were starting to have kids….I was working full-time, and I just felt kind of stuck. Now turning 30 I feel accomplished and I feel more like myself than I ever have. This sense of freedom comes from my ever growing relationship with God. I feel free from the pressures of trying to fit in and keep up with the Jones. I feel ok that I don’t do things the same as everyone else. I’ve learned that I don’t have to fit into a perfect niche…that I can dabble in a little bit of everything and that’s ok. I can still love sports, but also love to do crafts and sew….I can wear super casual clothes and own a few trendy ones…I can love country & Christian music, but can also enjoy some old school punk rock….my house doesn’t have to look like it’s out of magazine…it can be mixed with country and modern and that’s ok.. , that I can recycle and cloth diaper and still be super proud of my logger dad! :) I’m also ok with the fact that I’m a stay at home mom…something that took me some time to be proud of it….to realize that it’s not about me, but about raising my kids for God.
I am thankful for the work that God has done in me these past five years. I still have a lot of growing up to do. I need to be more graceful, forgiving, understanding, and make more selfless choices. I have so much to be thankful for...it could take me hours to write down everything that God has blessed me with, so I will stick to my top ten.
1. Salvation. I’m so thankful that God stuck with me and never gave up with me.
2. Forgiveness. Whew. I need this every day. Thank you Lord!
3. My husband. He truly is such a wonderful man. I don’t tell him enough how thankful I am for him. He pushes me to be stronger, but also helps me when I need it.
4. My children. These two hooligans have brought me closer to the Lord. They make me a better person.
5. My parents. I wouldn’t be who I am today without their never ending love and support. They taught me how to love people. How to be accepting and kind to everyone. They also taught me how to be strong and brave.
6. A good family. This includes my in-laws. To belong to such a selfless family is such a blessing and has played such an important part in who I am today.
7. Good friends. I have some of the most wonderful friends in the world. They are supportive, kind, giving, and loving. I have some of the same friends from when I was 6 years old. We have been through so much together and I love them like family!
8. Heartbreak. Without heartbreak I never would have learned about grace.
9. Our awesome church! It’s so nice to attend a real church. A church that is kind and forgiving. Our pastor is such an amazing leader and such a Godly man.
10. Financial stability. I am so thankful that my husband works hard and is able to provide for us.
I have learned so much in these past 30 years. There is no way that I can be sad about turning 30. How selfish would that be? It’s just a number and I feel like I’m just hitting the good part of life. I feel more like me than I ever have! My mom recently told me after I was expressing my fear of taking the boys by myself to church that, “I can do anything that I want to do.” My mom has told me this my whole life, but for some reason that sentence has been really resonating with me lately. I feel braver than I ever have and I really truly do feel like I can do anything. Life is amazingly awesome! One of my favorite quotes comes from a Dierks Bentley song, “Say what you will, but I still believe it’s a beautiful world.” Life is what you make it!
Cheers to turning 30!
I had to add this picture for my mama. I'm in the lace dress that she got me and my jean jacket from high school...church attire. :)
I thought that I would be me anxious about turning 30…that I would be dreading this, but in reality I’ve been excited about it. I remember turning 25 and just feeling bummed. I felt like I was losing my care-free life and that it was the time to start to grow up. Friends were starting to have kids….I was working full-time, and I just felt kind of stuck. Now turning 30 I feel accomplished and I feel more like myself than I ever have. This sense of freedom comes from my ever growing relationship with God. I feel free from the pressures of trying to fit in and keep up with the Jones. I feel ok that I don’t do things the same as everyone else. I’ve learned that I don’t have to fit into a perfect niche…that I can dabble in a little bit of everything and that’s ok. I can still love sports, but also love to do crafts and sew….I can wear super casual clothes and own a few trendy ones…I can love country & Christian music, but can also enjoy some old school punk rock….my house doesn’t have to look like it’s out of magazine…it can be mixed with country and modern and that’s ok.. , that I can recycle and cloth diaper and still be super proud of my logger dad! :) I’m also ok with the fact that I’m a stay at home mom…something that took me some time to be proud of it….to realize that it’s not about me, but about raising my kids for God.
I am thankful for the work that God has done in me these past five years. I still have a lot of growing up to do. I need to be more graceful, forgiving, understanding, and make more selfless choices. I have so much to be thankful for...it could take me hours to write down everything that God has blessed me with, so I will stick to my top ten.
1. Salvation. I’m so thankful that God stuck with me and never gave up with me.
2. Forgiveness. Whew. I need this every day. Thank you Lord!
3. My husband. He truly is such a wonderful man. I don’t tell him enough how thankful I am for him. He pushes me to be stronger, but also helps me when I need it.
4. My children. These two hooligans have brought me closer to the Lord. They make me a better person.
5. My parents. I wouldn’t be who I am today without their never ending love and support. They taught me how to love people. How to be accepting and kind to everyone. They also taught me how to be strong and brave.
6. A good family. This includes my in-laws. To belong to such a selfless family is such a blessing and has played such an important part in who I am today.
7. Good friends. I have some of the most wonderful friends in the world. They are supportive, kind, giving, and loving. I have some of the same friends from when I was 6 years old. We have been through so much together and I love them like family!
8. Heartbreak. Without heartbreak I never would have learned about grace.
9. Our awesome church! It’s so nice to attend a real church. A church that is kind and forgiving. Our pastor is such an amazing leader and such a Godly man.
10. Financial stability. I am so thankful that my husband works hard and is able to provide for us.
I have learned so much in these past 30 years. There is no way that I can be sad about turning 30. How selfish would that be? It’s just a number and I feel like I’m just hitting the good part of life. I feel more like me than I ever have! My mom recently told me after I was expressing my fear of taking the boys by myself to church that, “I can do anything that I want to do.” My mom has told me this my whole life, but for some reason that sentence has been really resonating with me lately. I feel braver than I ever have and I really truly do feel like I can do anything. Life is amazingly awesome! One of my favorite quotes comes from a Dierks Bentley song, “Say what you will, but I still believe it’s a beautiful world.” Life is what you make it!
Cheers to turning 30!
Here's us trying to take our annual Birthday picture....we gave up on the 4th one.
I had to add this picture for my mama. I'm in the lace dress that she got me and my jean jacket from high school...church attire. :)





Comments
Post a Comment