Ash & Ben Got Hitched!!

Ash & Ben did it!! They got married!!! I can't express how happy that I am for these two dorky lovebirds. :) They are such an amazing couple and I feel privileged to have been part of their special day.

You see...Ash and I go way back.....like way back. I first heard of Ashley in 5th grade after I broke up with my first boyfriend and he said, "So, what...I'm going to go for Ashley S." I was like, who is this Ashley girl. Then I saw her at softball try-outs. Yowza. She was even beautiful back then....and super athletic...and super sweet. You see...things could have went the way of us being big competitors since I was also athletic, but we met at our other best friend's birthday party (Hey Angie!) and we hit it off. There's no way that you could not like this girl. She is amazingly kind, funny, and talented in so many ways (you need to see her artwork.) We were instant BFF's and stayed that way all of the way through college. She was my partner in crime, confident, dork-out buddy, shoulder to lean on, pepper partner, laugh off buddy...she was and still is family.

To see her so happy on her wedding day....to marry the man of her dreams was just plain an amazing. I have never seen her so happy and I feel like I can hand over my big sister protectiveness to Ben. He is just that good of the guy and the only guy that I've ever felt that is truly worthy of Ashley's heart. They are just awesome!!

Ok, enough of going back in time. I rode up with Angie...my other life-long sister...and childhood bff to Portland. We picked up the bride to be and were instantly cracking up. I don't want to write a long paragraph about the events of the wedding, so I decided to do a highlight list. A lot happened in those two days...a lot. :)


-Let's go back to the beginning of the week. I had the bright idea of trying on my dress...by myself one last time. Well, as I pulling down the zipper it got stuck and well, broke. I took it to the seamstress who thought that she had fixed it...nope. My amazing mama drove with me and my two boys and we basically bought every champagne dress that we could find. Ash had told us to pick out our own dresses and she had liked my original dress, so I was nervous about her liking one of my new ones. Thank goodness she did! Note to self: it's not super enjoyable trying on dresses with two little boys who want to run around the dressing room. My mother is a saint. She is still attempting to fix my original dress since they have a no return policy. Thank you so much mama for listening to me stress out and for all of the help!!!! I don't know what I would have done without you!!

-Ashley arranged for Angie and I have our hair and makeup done. I am so thankful for this!! You see...Ash is normally the one who has always done my hair and make-up when it comes to events. She even did my wedding hair and make-up. It was so much fun to get dolled up since I never make the effort to do so. Thank you Ash!!!

-Her P-town friends were a riot and love Ashley just as much us Sweet-Homians do. What a fun group of girls!! I haven't laughed that much in a long time!!

-Our rehearsal dinner was held at Ben's brother's house in NE Portland.This house was out of a magazine. Restored goodness...topped off with a farmhouse sink...swoon. Did I mention the delicious Hawaiian food?

-Ashley in her wedding dress. She was breathtaking. I teared up when I saw her.

-Going all over downtown Portland to do wedding pictures. We even redid the Bridesmaid photo from the movie. :)

-Meeting the cast of the Portland Real World. They seemed so young....but were also hilarious.

-Having a guy completely wipe out on his bike in front of us...then getting up and telling us that we looked good and casually rode off...haha.

-Listening to Ash & Ben's vows. So beautiful.

-The wedding decor. Ashley did such an amazing job planning it out. It was so urban, simple and rustic. I will have to post pictures of it after she gets her photos back.

-Dancing with the rest of the girls on the dance floor. We even had a choreographed dance that I busted out...so not me....but sooooo much fun.

-Hanging out with Angie and the rest of her family. I sure do love that family and had such a blast reconnecting with them.

-The photo booth. I'll have to get the ones of J and I with our masks on at some other point. :)

-Having a date night with my handsome hubby. We had so much the night of the wedding! Being at weddings always make me so thankful for my hubby. I am a blessed woman. :)

-Just seeing Ashley and Ben together. They are so hilarious and sweet together.

Here are some pictures from the wedding festivities!!

























Cheers to the happy couple!!!

Comments