We went on a mini-camping trip to Loon Lake this past weekend. The drive up was beautiful, but things started to get a tad crazy once we arrived. We couldn't find the first camping spot that we were assigned to at first, but once we did we wish that we wouldn't have. It was down some rocky back road and was basically some grass where you couldn't even tell which camping spot was yours. The icing on the cake was a pit-bull on a chain with no around...right smack dab in the middle of our so called camp spot. I'm sure it was probably a nice dog, but I wasn't going to take the chance with two small kids and our own Lola-Bell. Thankfully, the people found us another spot closer to the water and where we could actually tell which spot was ours. The spots were tight and we lost shade around noon. We sucked it up though for the boys...pitched the tent and then took them swimming, which was the best part of the trip. Little Brohdy loved it so much that he took a nap in his floaty!
After swimming I realized that I forgot the hotdogs....whoops....so we had sandwiches for dinner. We were at least able to roast smores. Once it got dark we put the boys down since it was way past their bedtime. I had planned to sleep with both boys in the back of the van, while J slept in the tent with Lo, but of course Trey wanted to sleep in the tent. It started out great...J and I were even able to hang out by the campfire for a bit by ourselves. We went to bed and that's when the excitement started! Poor Trey had a nightmare and J couldn't get him to calm down, so he came in the van with B and I. This went on for a few more hours of him waking up every 5 minutes being scared. I felt so bad for him....and for our neighbors since the sites were so close to each other. J said that you could barely hear Trey from outside of the van though.....thank goodness. Little Brohdy didn't even wake up through all of the chaos...I have no idea how he didn't wake up. It was an eventful night to say the least and we got out of there ASAP the next day...I'm sure our neighbors were thankful.
Lessons learned on this trip: Scope out the campground more before we make reservations. I love camping, but I wasn't impressed with the campground...sorry Loon Lake! Next...bring more blankets to black out the van, so the boys can take naps, so they are not overtired for bedtime....have Trey sleep in the van, but most importantly....have a sense of humor. :) It will also be a lot easier with nap/betimes once we find a trailer!! We have kind of put the trailer search on hold, so that we can take advantage of the killer interest rates on our home loan! Drats on being responsible. :)
I'm glad that we finally tackled our first camping trip on our own. We are thinking that our next adventure will be a day trip. We are good at day trips. :)
After swimming I realized that I forgot the hotdogs....whoops....so we had sandwiches for dinner. We were at least able to roast smores. Once it got dark we put the boys down since it was way past their bedtime. I had planned to sleep with both boys in the back of the van, while J slept in the tent with Lo, but of course Trey wanted to sleep in the tent. It started out great...J and I were even able to hang out by the campfire for a bit by ourselves. We went to bed and that's when the excitement started! Poor Trey had a nightmare and J couldn't get him to calm down, so he came in the van with B and I. This went on for a few more hours of him waking up every 5 minutes being scared. I felt so bad for him....and for our neighbors since the sites were so close to each other. J said that you could barely hear Trey from outside of the van though.....thank goodness. Little Brohdy didn't even wake up through all of the chaos...I have no idea how he didn't wake up. It was an eventful night to say the least and we got out of there ASAP the next day...I'm sure our neighbors were thankful.
Lessons learned on this trip: Scope out the campground more before we make reservations. I love camping, but I wasn't impressed with the campground...sorry Loon Lake! Next...bring more blankets to black out the van, so the boys can take naps, so they are not overtired for bedtime....have Trey sleep in the van, but most importantly....have a sense of humor. :) It will also be a lot easier with nap/betimes once we find a trailer!! We have kind of put the trailer search on hold, so that we can take advantage of the killer interest rates on our home loan! Drats on being responsible. :)
I'm glad that we finally tackled our first camping trip on our own. We are thinking that our next adventure will be a day trip. We are good at day trips. :)
Sleepy Boy













Comments
Post a Comment