Break Through

I am so excited to write this post. As I've mentioned before, we've been struggling with Trey's behavior towards his baby brother this past month. It wasn't a very enjoyable month and I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I tried a few different tactics and things didn't change. I finally remembered what I used to do when Trey would throw his cars or not help pick them up. I'd take them away and he could earn them back. I also used less words and had a zero tolerance rule where he would get placed gently in time out. I asked Jason how in the world did I forget this? I guess we haven't really had any major issues with Trey before this past month and I just got forgot how to discipline him in a way that worked for us. I was getting extremely frustrated and just plain sad at the way Trey was acting towards his brother. We would pray together every night for Trey's heart and for mommy's patience. :) It's like my mind went on a break this past month...I was tired...I was cranky....it was rough. I just couldn't get it together.  I looked over my Love & Logic book again and could have just kicked myself for not doing so earlier.This book is so great!

The very next day I started my old discipline routine of no words, except for the word bummer and taking toys away. Shut the front door. My child seems happier and is being much more loving towards his brother. Doh. I learned a good lesson from this past month. Never think that you have it all together and never, ever think that your sweet child won't turn into a monster at any moment.

I am so happy to have this sweet little rascal back. Boy, did I miss him.


Comments