What's New With Trey


Trey is at a hilarious age, but also at an age where he is endlessly testing boundaries.  He can go from being a stinker one minute to being the sweetest little man, which is why I try to treat each terror as one moment though it is hard not to let one occurrence set my mood for the day. These are the times that I talk to God…and pour myself a little more coffee…stop what I’m doing and sit on the ground with the boys and give in to their craziness. Trey tests me daily….hourly. He even has a testing look. He will do something naughty and then look up at me with those big brown eyes and say, “Hi Mama.” He can be such a stinker. Our biggest struggle these past few weeks is jealousy of his baby brother. Brohdy is at an age where he’s crawling and attempting to walk, which takes effort from J and I to help him. Trey doesn’t dig this. He is so used to being the one who runs and walks and he just isn’t sure what to think about his new mobile brother. He moves toys farther away from him one minute and then the next he will hand Brohdy his beloved blanket. I can’t keep up! He gets sent to his room often until he can proclaim that he is a happy boy and come out with a smile. I have a feeling this will be a battle for a while and a test of my patience and grace. It doesn’t help that Brohdy is very dramatic when Trey takes something from him. He has the fake cry and whine perfected. :)  Trey does love to make his brother laugh though. It’s one of his favorite activities. I love driving and hearing them bust up at each other. They can be so sweet and goofy together.

Ok, back to the hilarious side of Trey.  I was telling Jason that I wish that I could freeze Trey at this age forever…maybe lose a few tantrums in the process, but this age is a riot! Here are some of the funny things that this kid says and does on a daily basis.

-I love his nightly prayers. He prays for family members and friends, but he also prays for the most ridiculous things. Most of the time it’s for food items…every night it’s about the three starbursts that my grandma gave him three weeks ago and his cars. 

-He randomly told Sue that I sat on Daddy’s lunch.

-Jason and I both wear glasses at night and Sue and Trey were having a conversation about this. She asked him if he wore glasses and He was like, “Uh no, I have eyes!”

-That kid and his vitamin. He sticks it to walls, windows, and now his face. 

-He went to work at the Tupperware factory a couple of days ago. He kept grabbing Tupperware and yelling at me that he was going to work and then yelling, “Honey, I’m home!”

-He has an obsession with sitting on our heads. 

-He asks me constantly if I’m a boy, though he knows that I’m a girl. He’s very into genders right now.

- He asks us constantly if we’re babies.

-He always says to Brohdy, “laugh Bubbastein, laugh!”

- He states that he, “Just wants my daddy or mommy” when he’s getting into trouble from the opposite parent. He knows how to work the system. :)

-He has the most loud and ridiculous fake laugh….thanks to my mom…who taught him that. Now Brohdy joins in on the party with his own version.

-He is obsessed with his Uncle Jarod who lives in California. The other day he told me that Uncle Jarod lives in our fence and that he wanted to watch the Uncle Jarod cartoon.

-He has quite the imagination. He narrates what he is doing constantly.

-He asks the same thing…over…and…over…and…over…and…over….

-He’s obsessed with logging equipment, signs, and American flags. He tries to find as many as he can on our drives. 

-J asked him if his name was Trey. He replied, “No, I’m Trey man.” He’s also replied with, “I’m the muffin man.”

This kid. He is loud…he is hilarious…he is in your face…he is crazy, but so loving and kind.  He has just enough feistiness to survive this world. He is also getting too big. I’m not ready for him to be old enough to attend school. I’m not ready to share this special little guy with the world. I’m selfish and want to keep him with me always even though he tests my patience daily. 

You are rad Trey. I am so thankful that I’m your mama….now can we just work on not sitting on my head or instantly thinking that I want to wrestle every time I sit on the ground?

Comments