We were thrown a little glitch at the beginning of the week. My sweet grandma received some not so great news. A pathology report showed that what we thought was a contained cancer after her colonoscopy has metastasized to other regions of her body. She is scheduled to have surgery next week and we will know more about what to expect after that. Our family is a bit in shock still. We had anticipated this to be a quick fix, but God has other plans. I've been walking around with a lump in my throat all week. My grandma is such an amazing, kind and happy woman. She is the back bone of our family and my only living grandparent. My family plans to do all that we can to rally around her and to stay positive, but it has been hard. We are fighters...we are close...and I remember my aunt telling me after my miscarriage that we are survivors. She has the will to fight this. There is nothing else in this world that makes my grandma happier than having her family together and this is something that we have all pledged to do. I now pray that God is with her surgeon next week and that he is able to get all of the cancer and that God keeps her faith strong. This situation stinks, but we are hopeful and thankfully we know that God is there...all of the time.
"Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." Isaiah 49:13
I'm thankful for these two little rascals who crack me up every single day. Their bond is so sweet to watch.
"Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." Isaiah 49:13
I'm thankful for these two little rascals who crack me up every single day. Their bond is so sweet to watch.
This kid is impossible to take pictures of most days
But sometimes I can catch his sweet smile!
Planting some herbs for his mini greenhouse
Saturday morning book club
He is a ham

Comments
Post a Comment