8 Months!

Brohdy turns 8 months old tomorrow!

I'm not sure how much he weighs, but we will know next month after his 9 month appointment. He's still a good eater and nurses quite often. There hasn't been one thing that he hasn't liked when it comes to solids. He's also drinking out of a sippy...not well, but he can get some water out of it.

He's still not crawling, but he can go backwards...a little bit and scoots around. He still prefers sitting up or being held. He's my sweet bum. :)

He said Ma a couple of days ago, but no mama... Jason thinks that I made it up in my head...haha.

He still enjoys his sleep! Most days we're down to two naps...every once in awhile he will take three. He goes to bed between 6-6:30. He had a couple of mornings when he was up at 5:45...agh, but thankfully he hasn't repeated this. I'm so thankful that he likes to sleep like his brother. I don't take this blessing lightly!

We're still cloth diapering. I have been using Bumgenius diapers for nap time and they have been working great! I still like the GDiapers...I like that they're versatile, but I will probably continue to buy Bumgenius diapers once he outgrows the GDiapers. Bumgenius are a one size diaper and have snap buttons unlike G's Velcro. I like the G's since they're not bulky and are awesome for every day, but I struggled with leaks during naps. I'll let you know which ones I stick with since I still have a month or before I need to upgrade. I still use disposables at night, which means only one diaper per day. I used to use disposables while I was out and about as well, but I bought a $10 wet bag and I'm more comfortable using cloth now. I'm happy that I chose to cloth diaper. I just bought a case of Huggie diapers on sale at Costco, which should last me at least 3-4 months for about $30. The initial cost of cloth diapers can throw some people off, but you can
literally save thousands of dollars when it's all said and done!

Back to my sweet boy. :) He is still a total sweetie. So mellow...so calm...and just ridiculously squeezable.

He gives kisses now...melts me!

Trey and him continue to interact more...laugh at each other...bang counters together...Trey is always concerned about his baby brother and thinks that Brohdy should say his name first. Brohdy did make Trey cry the other day when they were playing on the ground and he yanked Trey's hair. Poor big brother!

His favorite things this month: Mama, Dada, and Trey...Milk...sleep....kisses...banging things...laughing at his brother...screaching...blowing raspberries...scooting....organic puffs!!...smiling...being sweet

Brohdy...you're an amazing blessing. You have made our family better and we couldn't be more thankful for you! I look forward to the next couple of months when you become mobile and can play more with your brother...though I'm also sad at the thought of you not being content sitting on my lap. Sigh. We love you bubs!
An example of their brother code





Comments