
Oh, Trey. He is less than a month away from turning two and a half and is funny as ever. Here are some highlights from his current stage in life:
-He is still obsessed with letters and numbers. He will take any game that he’s playing and make into an addition or spelling situation. He is smart and knows it. Bath time is letter time. Cars is addition time. He loves to say, “Ok, Mommy or Daddy…two plus two is four,” or whatever number of objects he is holding such as one plus three or one plus one. He loves the show World World. If you’re not familiar with it it’s a show with animals and objects that are spelled out into their shape. Does that make sense? :) This has made Trey think that brands of things are the spelling of the actual object. For example, take a bottle of toothpaste. Trey says, “C-O-L-G-A-T-E spells toothpaste!” Love it. :) He still loves to pronounce words out and read as well. He also loves to say that he’s smart…often. He’s full of himself…what can I say.
-He loves to sing and sing and sing. Today in the car he started making up the most random songs. One went, “I love buttons, I love buttons, I love buttons, I have three buttons on my jacket.” Another good one was, “Garbage cans, garbage cans…I love garbage cans!”
-Today in Church the local Christian high school choir sang during worship. Trey sat on my lap and proceeded to conduct them. I wish that I would have had my camera.
-Before nap. Me: “I love you to the moon and back baby.” Trey: “I love you to the sun mama.”
- “Brohdy is a cutie boy mama.”
-“Mama, you’re beautiful.”
-The kid loves to wrestle, but he must throw all of the couch pillows on the floor first to do so.
-He loves his chewy vitamin. He loves it so much that he will carry it around for 20 minutes proclaiming his love for it before devouring it.
-He does a sweet leg jig. I’ll turn music on and he will slowly start tapping his foot before busting into a full on booty dance.
-He is getting his last molars and brushing his teeth has been miserable. :(
-He still loves his baby brother. He always hands him toys and is always so sweet to him. I pray that this sticks.
-He is a bottomless pit. He eats all darn day. He will ask for something to eat 20 minutes after he finishes a meal. Now I understand how boys can make you broke with all of the food that they eat.
-He has a lot of ENERGY. I think it’s from all of the sleep that he gets. He still loves his to sleep and doesn’t appreciate getting woken up, which I have to do on a regular basis since he would sleep until bed time.
-He can be a stalker. I can’t go anywhere during the week without him yelling, “MOM! (that’s his new thing..MOM!) where are you?” I can’t even pee. Jason gets it the worst on the weekends. :) He isn’t allowed out of Trey’s eye sight for even a second. Ha.
-He can still be a stinker. He likes to tell me that he drives mama bonkers (I’ve told him this on a few…ok many occasions.) He’s stubborn and can be whiney, but he also shares, gives lots of hugs and kisses, says I love you often, please, thank you and I’m sorry.
Jason and I truly love spending time with Trey. He cracks us up and never ceases to amaze us. I can’t believe that the kid is 2 ½!
Comments
Post a Comment