Christmas has come and gone all too quickly once again. I always get sad as the Christmas day comes to a close. I remember as a kid not ever wanting to fall asleep, because I had to wait a WHOLE year for Christmas to happen again. I so love the month of December. I love the parades, the baking, the cheesy movies, the cartoons, the lights, the smells...pretty much everything about Christmas. I love most that it's a whole month for us to celebrate the birth of our King!!
Christmas is quite a bit different when you're the parent. No more resting...it's work making Christmas magical for your kids, but the effort is so worth it. I become more grateful to my parents the longer that I'm a parent. :) The week before Christmas was filled with baking and projects. I did a few DIY gifts this year. Here are a couple.



I have learned that DIY gifts are awesome and so much fun to do!
We had three Christmas festivities to attend this year. The first was with my whole extended family at my folk's house. It was wild and loud, but so much fun. Brohdy also decided that he was super attached to me last week...perfect timing for Christmas where numerous family members want to hold him. He ended up doing ok thanks to my cousins. :) We figured out that the culprit might have been his two bottom teeth that popped through on Christmas! My baby has teeth! Agh! Anyways, the night was fun and the boys stayed up way past their bedtime, but I love my family and spending time with all of them.






The second festivity was Christmas Eve at my folks with my brother and his family. Trey has so much fun with his cousins. We were all pretty wiped out from the night before, but it was still fun watching the kiddos play, wrestle grams and open their gifts. All of us got spoiled by my parents. The hubs even got a new recliner for Christmas that me and the boys have been hogging. :) Thanks mom and dad!






The last and final festivity was Christmas Day at out house. We had left milk and cookies out he night before for Santa, which he happily consumed and left a note and goodies for the boy. I am a nut job and was up at 4:30 am. I had too much to do and was too excited to fall back asleep, so I got up and baked my Paula Dean gorilla bread and started my Pioneer Woman Burgundy Mushrooms, which took 9 hours to cook. I had made a breakfast casserole the night before in the crock pot to save time. We spent the first part of Christmas morning with just the four of us, while Uncle Jarod slept soundly in Brohdy's room. We put the Brohd down for a nap, so that Trey and I could run to my folk's house and deliver them some gorilla bread. I didn't see them on Christmas last year and I didn't like it, so we made sure to make time to go and see them this year. We drank coffee and ate the yummy bread and then it was off to prepare for Jason's family's arrival.
We had such a fun day! I love my in-laws and so do my boys. We snacked....cooked dinner and chatted all day long. We had a little mishap with our Turkey. It somehow got cooked upside down, which turned out to be ok since I had some left over ham from the day before. :) It was a free turkey from Safeway, which I was super excited about at the time, but now I think that it was a whole conspiracy to get rid of Turkeys that they froze upside down. Haha. My sweet Mother in law even made me an apron!









We had such a fun Christmas weekend. Christmas keeps getting better and better the older the boys get. We had so much fun watching Trey play with his new toys and sharing with his brother. I know that I'm leaving out a lot of details, but hopefully the pics make up for it. I hope that everyone else had a wonderful Christmas with their families....I already can't wait until next year! :)

Christmas is quite a bit different when you're the parent. No more resting...it's work making Christmas magical for your kids, but the effort is so worth it. I become more grateful to my parents the longer that I'm a parent. :) The week before Christmas was filled with baking and projects. I did a few DIY gifts this year. Here are a couple.
I have learned that DIY gifts are awesome and so much fun to do!
We had three Christmas festivities to attend this year. The first was with my whole extended family at my folk's house. It was wild and loud, but so much fun. Brohdy also decided that he was super attached to me last week...perfect timing for Christmas where numerous family members want to hold him. He ended up doing ok thanks to my cousins. :) We figured out that the culprit might have been his two bottom teeth that popped through on Christmas! My baby has teeth! Agh! Anyways, the night was fun and the boys stayed up way past their bedtime, but I love my family and spending time with all of them.

The second festivity was Christmas Eve at my folks with my brother and his family. Trey has so much fun with his cousins. We were all pretty wiped out from the night before, but it was still fun watching the kiddos play, wrestle grams and open their gifts. All of us got spoiled by my parents. The hubs even got a new recliner for Christmas that me and the boys have been hogging. :) Thanks mom and dad!
The last and final festivity was Christmas Day at out house. We had left milk and cookies out he night before for Santa, which he happily consumed and left a note and goodies for the boy. I am a nut job and was up at 4:30 am. I had too much to do and was too excited to fall back asleep, so I got up and baked my Paula Dean gorilla bread and started my Pioneer Woman Burgundy Mushrooms, which took 9 hours to cook. I had made a breakfast casserole the night before in the crock pot to save time. We spent the first part of Christmas morning with just the four of us, while Uncle Jarod slept soundly in Brohdy's room. We put the Brohd down for a nap, so that Trey and I could run to my folk's house and deliver them some gorilla bread. I didn't see them on Christmas last year and I didn't like it, so we made sure to make time to go and see them this year. We drank coffee and ate the yummy bread and then it was off to prepare for Jason's family's arrival.
We had such a fun day! I love my in-laws and so do my boys. We snacked....cooked dinner and chatted all day long. We had a little mishap with our Turkey. It somehow got cooked upside down, which turned out to be ok since I had some left over ham from the day before. :) It was a free turkey from Safeway, which I was super excited about at the time, but now I think that it was a whole conspiracy to get rid of Turkeys that they froze upside down. Haha. My sweet Mother in law even made me an apron!
We had such a fun Christmas weekend. Christmas keeps getting better and better the older the boys get. We had so much fun watching Trey play with his new toys and sharing with his brother. I know that I'm leaving out a lot of details, but hopefully the pics make up for it. I hope that everyone else had a wonderful Christmas with their families....I already can't wait until next year! :)
Comments
Post a Comment