Things That I've Learned..

Things that I’ve learned this past week:

The Urgent Care facility at our local hospital isn’t all that bad. Our first trip of the week occurred Monday.

Here’s the story:

I was nursing Brohdy, while Trey was supposed to be eating dinner. I would look every minute or so his way and tell him to finish his dinner since he was farting around. The next thing I hear is, “Mama, a pea is up my nose.” I looked at him thinking, “He has got to be kidding me.” I placed Brohdy down and ran to grab my tweezers and sanitize them instead of rushing over to him to make sure that he didn’t stick his finger up his nose, which he enjoys doing on a regular basis. Lesson learned. I could barely see the pea at this point. Thank goodness J was just arriving home from work. We tried everything…sucking his nose…pepper…ect. The thing was lodged. J ended up having to take Trey to Urgent Car, while I stayed home to put Brohdy to bed. They were home within the hour. Trey was super proud of his wrist band and sticker. I could feel the gray hair growing. Oh, Trey.



The second trip occurred on Thanksgiving morning. The husband attended his second annual Turkey Bowl and ended up dislocating his shoulder. He was taken by ambulance, given pain meds and then had his shoulder popped back in. He had to miss the family gathering, but I brought him home some left overs. Thankfully, he is doing ok and we’re hoping that he doesn’t have to have another surgery. He felt good enough to hang up our Christmas lights the next day. Good man. :)



Now on to some other less serious life lessons…

I can’t hang anything up straight. This was my second attempt at hanging this decal on this window. You should have seen the first one.


I will never, ever, ever, ever paint a dining room table again. This has taken me four months to complete…two different colors of black paint later and I still think that it could use some work, but at this point I am done….and tired. Thank goodness we will need a new table soon to replace this cheap college one anyways. :)


I can craft up some pretty cool things as long as it does not require me to cut in a straight line…heck…do anything in a straight line.


It was a pretty eventful week, but a wonderful one at the same time. I completely forgot to take pictures on Thanksgiving since I was playing a zone defense on my two sweet boys, but I’ll try to steal some from my cousins. Today, I am thankful for all of three of my boys’ health.

Comments