Fall Back

Oh, Fall Back. How I loved you before I had kids! The Fall back time change is hard on parents, because you're forced to keep your kids up a tad longer at night and pray that they will wake up later. Wrong. What I've learned and have always followed with my kids is that the earlier they go to bed, the longer they sleep. It has always worked for me, so this whole Fall back thing is confusing. The first morning the both boys were up at 530...new time, which wasn't horrible, but it took until yesterday for Trey to get back to his normal long nap routine. Brohdy also decided with the new time change that he would switch to 3 naps instead of his normal two. I don't mind this too much since it gives me more one on one time with him, but I do miss enjoying my after nap cup of coffee by myself. Now Spring Ahead is the greatest thing. Put your kids to be an hour earlier? Sure. :)

We also decided that it was time to split the boys into two rooms. Jason begrudgingly gave up his office, which now sits beautifully in our room...yay. BUT Brohdy is no longer getting woken up by Trey with his loud singing. The boys did great once Trey was asleep, but it was a never ending cycle when Trey was singing himself to sleep. He would start singing at the top of his lungs...Brohdy would cry...which would then keep Trey up longer...Trey would start singing again...Brohdy cry...Trey up...you get the picture. :) We will eventually move them back in the same room, but I'm happy that we decided to split them up. It was a good idea...and I know that it can be done, but splitting them up is what works best for our family...and Brohdy and Trey are both falling asleep quicker and staying asleep!

Now I'm in the slow process of decorating the Brohd's room, which I'm super excited about. :) I'm doing bright colors in his room that match the beloved Hedgehog blanket. Here's a preview of what I've got done so far:


He needs new sheets...a bumper...and some art work on the wall, but it's coming together!

Here are some pics of what we've been up to this past week.

Messy Art by Trey

We have been having a lot of sitting sessions while brother is napping
This is what I made for tailgating last weekend...pull apart bread and artichoke dip


Have a great weekend!

Comments