The Brodhster is 3 months old!!!
*He weighs over 15lbs. Yep, he still loves to eat.
*He sleeps all night now. Hooray! Anywhere from 11-13 hours. He goes to bed around 6 or 6:30 and is sleeping until almost 7…sometimes earlier….sometimes later. We fight for the 3rd nap almost every day, but then other days he wants four naps....crazy kid. I'll take it though if it means that he will continue sleeping all night. :)
*He is a beast when he’s tired, so I’ve learned it’s best to put him down before the meltdown. We’re still not on a perfect schedule, but we are getting there! I’d like him to stay up until 7, but he’s a stubborn little turkey and is ready for bed by 6-6:30. You will not be seeing Brohdy with us at any function past 6PM…we tried that… it doesn’t end well. :)
*He hates to ride in the car! It doesn’t matter if he’s fed….hungry…tired…not tired…he lets me know how mad he is that he can’t see me. He’s a turkey. I’ve tried singing…talking…nothing works. Poor Trey. He just stares at him like, “Shut Up Kid!” Trey does great with him though and not every car ride is bad…only about 75% of them are...ha. My mom says that I was the same exact way, so I guess that this is my pay back.
*Brodhy is seriously the sweetest little guy though. He smiles non-stop when he’s not tired and started laughing last week. Oh, how he melts me!
*He hasn’t rolled over in two weeks…haha…but he’s getting much better at tummy time.
*He’s still not really into his toys. He has started to grab at them a little bit, but that’s about it.
*He is not a thumb sucker like his brother yet….he likes to suck on his hands, but can’t quite figure out how to get his thumb in there. He also loves to suck on his upper lip...that is a new one.
* I can already see the differences in his personality compared to Trey’s. Trey was always a mover. He wanted to be on the floor kicking and flailing his arms. Trey was super sweet, but he was not content just sitting there and talking to me. Brodhy is laid back. He would much rather sit in his Boppy and smile at me than look at his toys. He also loves to be held. I tell Jason that Brodhy just needs me a bit more than Trey ever did and I am definitely ok with that.
*Brohdy still has blue eyes. Eee! :)
*His nicknames include, but are not limited to: The Brohd, Brohdster, Brohda, and Tubs
*He loves to watch his brother play. Trey is also loving sharing his cars with Brohdy. Trey has been awesome with being patient and sharing his time. He is such a sweet big brother.
*It’s getting easier to balance my time between both boys, but I still wish that there were two of me sometimes. I try to explain to Trey how much fun it will be when Brohdy can play with him and I also have to remind myself of this. It’s also getting easier to get out of the house. We have a pretty good system going on, but some days I still feel like a crazy woman trying to get ready.
I am loving being a mama of two and I can’t help, but get that giddy feeling of excitement like you get the night before Christmas when I think of how much fun my boys are going to have together soon!
**On an end note...Trey caught the nasty Croup illness that has been going around and hasn't fully recovered...prayers that Brohdy doesn't catch it would be sooo appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
*He weighs over 15lbs. Yep, he still loves to eat.
*He sleeps all night now. Hooray! Anywhere from 11-13 hours. He goes to bed around 6 or 6:30 and is sleeping until almost 7…sometimes earlier….sometimes later. We fight for the 3rd nap almost every day, but then other days he wants four naps....crazy kid. I'll take it though if it means that he will continue sleeping all night. :)
*He is a beast when he’s tired, so I’ve learned it’s best to put him down before the meltdown. We’re still not on a perfect schedule, but we are getting there! I’d like him to stay up until 7, but he’s a stubborn little turkey and is ready for bed by 6-6:30. You will not be seeing Brohdy with us at any function past 6PM…we tried that… it doesn’t end well. :)
*He hates to ride in the car! It doesn’t matter if he’s fed….hungry…tired…not tired…he lets me know how mad he is that he can’t see me. He’s a turkey. I’ve tried singing…talking…nothing works. Poor Trey. He just stares at him like, “Shut Up Kid!” Trey does great with him though and not every car ride is bad…only about 75% of them are...ha. My mom says that I was the same exact way, so I guess that this is my pay back.
*Brodhy is seriously the sweetest little guy though. He smiles non-stop when he’s not tired and started laughing last week. Oh, how he melts me!
*He hasn’t rolled over in two weeks…haha…but he’s getting much better at tummy time.
*He’s still not really into his toys. He has started to grab at them a little bit, but that’s about it.
*He is not a thumb sucker like his brother yet….he likes to suck on his hands, but can’t quite figure out how to get his thumb in there. He also loves to suck on his upper lip...that is a new one.
* I can already see the differences in his personality compared to Trey’s. Trey was always a mover. He wanted to be on the floor kicking and flailing his arms. Trey was super sweet, but he was not content just sitting there and talking to me. Brodhy is laid back. He would much rather sit in his Boppy and smile at me than look at his toys. He also loves to be held. I tell Jason that Brodhy just needs me a bit more than Trey ever did and I am definitely ok with that.
*Brohdy still has blue eyes. Eee! :)
*His nicknames include, but are not limited to: The Brohd, Brohdster, Brohda, and Tubs
*He loves to watch his brother play. Trey is also loving sharing his cars with Brohdy. Trey has been awesome with being patient and sharing his time. He is such a sweet big brother.
*It’s getting easier to balance my time between both boys, but I still wish that there were two of me sometimes. I try to explain to Trey how much fun it will be when Brohdy can play with him and I also have to remind myself of this. It’s also getting easier to get out of the house. We have a pretty good system going on, but some days I still feel like a crazy woman trying to get ready.
I am loving being a mama of two and I can’t help, but get that giddy feeling of excitement like you get the night before Christmas when I think of how much fun my boys are going to have together soon!
**On an end note...Trey caught the nasty Croup illness that has been going around and hasn't fully recovered...prayers that Brohdy doesn't catch it would be sooo appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
Comments
Post a Comment