Trey's 2nd Birthday and 4th of July

We had such a busy weekend! Lets start with Trey's Birthday. He woke up to a number two shaped blueberry and peanut butter pancake...the kid won't eat syrup. We sang him Happy Birthday and then miraculously made it out the door by ten to head over to Corvallis. We went to Borders and let Trey pick out whatever book he wanted...an age appropriate one of course... :) He picked out a book that was filled with cars, trucks, planes and anything else that you can think of that goes vrooom. He had a blast at Borders and he was so proud of himself for picking out his own book! Jason and I also didn't leave empty handed...we never can when we go to Borders. I didn't get a book this time since I'm still working on two others, but I did score a Country People that featured Blake and Miranda's wedding. :)

After Borders we headed over to Papa's pizza in South Town. We let Trey run wild in the play area since we were the only ones in there! Note to parents: Go at 11am on a Sunday. The place is empty. We enjoyed Trey's favorite pizza of Hawaiian and Olives. :)

I sometimes forget that I'm not pregnant anymore and suggested that we stop by Baskin Robins for some bday ice cream. My little anti-sweet boy was having none of it. What a bummer! What kid doesn't like ice cream??? He does love licorice though, so we haven't completely ruined him...haha. We spent the rest of the day after nap outside playing in Trey's new pool and bbq'd. It was so fun just celebrating his birthday as a family of four!

Our 4th was also low-key. I wish that I had some awesome story of what we did, but really...we stayed home Bbq'd again and played outside all day! We were wiped out. Brohdy kept getting woken up by our awesome neighbor's illegal fireworks the night before and then for some odd reason Trey woke up at 5:45 crying for his daddy..which then woke up Brohdy...haha...what a night! Jason and I are two people who need their sleep, so we were spent on the 4th. The boys and I did drive over to Sweet Home to go for a walk with my mama and hang out at their place for a bit. Mom and I both are trying to get fit for our upcoming reunions...Ha!

I have decided that I'm probably going to hate the 4th of July until my boys are old enough to stay up to watch the fireworks. Our neighbors had illegal ones again this year and it sounded like WW III in our house. Trey of course slept right through the whole dang show, but Brohdy struggled until 10:00pm and then was out until after 3AM. J and I slept right through the whole show after that. The 4th of July will be fun again....someday. :)

I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th! Thank you to our men and women who have served and our serving our country now!

The boys and I are heading up to my folk's campsite today and we're pretending that we're celebrating the 4th. :)

Here are some pics from our weekend!







Our firework show was epic...haha!




Just like his dad




Loved throwing the snappers







Again...I'm awful at laying stuff out, but it's YUMMY!



Me and my boysssssss







































Colored water...thanks for the idea Sam!




Comments