As you can see, we added an H to our son’s name. If we wanted to be 100% common we would have spelled his name Brody, which is adorable and I have nothing against it, but I like my kids to have a little bit of originality in their names. We were going to spell it Brodie, but were told that ie is a feminine spelling. Ok, so then I like Brodi, but got vetoed on that as well. My mom always says that she wished that she would have spelled my name Karah and to be honest I kind of do too. I like it when names are spelled differently without being too odd or having you say, “What the heck does that spell?” I also didn’t want people to call him Bro as a nickname, which I’m sure will still, happen, but the H might detour people from doing so. It’s nice to know that Brohdy can be distinguished a bit from other Brody’s. He will be known as the Brohdy with an H. It also looks good with Thomas and will look fantastic on an athletic jersey. :) I’m ok with him not being able to buy pencils with his name on it…I was never able to and yes it kind of stunk, but I loved that there was only one other person in my school who spelled their name like me. I felt original! For the people who say that he won’t know how to spell it…really? Son, your name has an H in it. B-R-O-H-D-Y. My almost two year old can practically spell his name, I’m pretty sure we will have Brohdy good to go by preschool. Most everyone loves it, but there are some who don’t, which is fine by me. I love my sweet baby boy’s name and that’s all that really matters. ;) There you have it. That’s why we added the H. Come on people, it’s not like we named him Carrot or after a car!
Comments
Post a Comment