Brohdy is one month old today! Seriously!! It has flown by way, way too fast! Here are some highlights from his first month:
-He weighs 11lbs! He's a good little eater that boy. He likes to eat about every two hours during the day! We give him a bottle of breast milk every few days and he has been of course drinking those as well. He's a tad chunky and I love it! :)
- He's a good sleeper! He loves his sleep and gets cranky when he doesn't get it. :) Still only waking twice and has one long stretch of sleep. He's gone 5 1/2 hours a few of times this past week. Dear Lord...please let that occur more often. :) It takes a little bit to get him down at bedtime...he nurses quickly, but likes to be held for a while afterwards and he loves it when J walks with him...what a baby whisperer. He normally sleeps about 4 hours for his long stretch, but he eats, has diaper changed, and goes back to sleep and then wakes up 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours after that...normally the times are around 2:30 and before 6:00. Not too shabby and I'm surprisingly not as as tired this time around.
-He's up for a couple of hours in the am and He still likes to nap a lot during the mid day, but of course he doesn't miss a meal. He sleeps, wakes up to eat and continues sleeping until around 4ish. He's been having a few more short spurts of awake time, which I love! I'll be working a tad more on his nap and bedtime routine once he hits 6 weeks, but I'm just letting him do his own thing right now and it's working out just fine. :)
-He's given us quite a few smiles, but without realizing it. Can't wait for the REAL ones soon!
-He loves bath time!! I love seeing all of his rolls! :)
-His eyes are still blue like his mamas...I wonder if they will stick. I've also been told that he looks a tad more like me than Trey does....I don't know if I should take that as a compliment since Brohdy is rounder than Trey.... :)
-He loves to cuddle and look around and watch his crazy brother.
-He's just so sweet! I love, love, love having a little baby around again and I'm ready for him to stop growing already!
We love you Brohdy and are so thankful that you're part of our family!!


Comments
Post a Comment