I made some super easy and delicious cake ball pops for Trey's birthday last weekend and they were a pretty big hit. I stole the idea from my neighbor Katie! She's a baking pro, while I'm not so much. They're sooooo simple that it's kind of ridiculous. :) I made rainbow chip cake balls, but the possibilities are endless. I read a yummy one of French Vanilla cake mix and cream cheese...or there is red Velvet...ect. Go crazy!
Ingredients:
-1 cake box (and everything to make the cake, eggs, oil)
-1 can of frosting
-Almond Bark or melting chocolate
-Your favorite sprinkles
-Lollipop sticks
Directions:
-Mix and bake cake according to the box instructions
-Let it cool
-After it cools crumble the whole cake into a large bowl
-Add the whole can of frosting to the crumbled cake
-Mix together the cake and frosting
-Use a melon scoop, spoon or just eye it like I did and make little round balls
-Place the little round balls onto a wax paper lined baking sheet
-Stick the lollipop sticks into the balls
-Place the cookie sheet of balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm them up
-Melt your Almond bark or chocolate. Katie suggested adding a little big of Crisco once it's melted to make it smoother
-Completely cover each ball one by one with the almond bark or chocolate and add the sprinkles after you dip each one.
Voila....a yummy, easy treat for you to enjoy!
Here's an example of what a finished cake ball looks like ( these are not mine...I only have pics of Trey holding the ones that I made)

(http://www.jannawilson.typepad.com/)
Comments
Post a Comment