Brohdy Thomas

I'm finally getting around updating you on sweet Brohdy! Life is pretty busy when you have two kiddos...it's already going by way too fast!

My labor was awesome! I got induced at 8 AM on May 28th. I didn't have my water broken until after noon. I made it until I was 8 1/2-9 CM dilated without an epidural...hoorah! :) I got my epidural and about an hour or so later Brohdy was here! I had him with 3 contractions...less than ten minutes. It was such an amazing experience! Nicole wasn't on that day, but she came in anyways...that's how awesome of a friend that she is. She even decorated my room! . I'm so grateful for her. My nurse was wonderful! I knew her through Nicole and she had actually gone to Vegas with us for Nic's bachelorette party. She's such an awesome woman and was a wonderful coach. My doctor was also able to deliver Brohdy. She wasn't able to with Trey, so it was wonderful to have her for Brohdy. I am still on cloud nine over the whole experience. :)

Now here’s an update on our new sweet boy. He is just that...sweet! He despises having his diaper changed though...it's really the only time that he cries. He's even gotten better about that though. The longest stretch of sleep that he's blessed us with has been 5 hours. He's so easy at night. He just nurses...I burp, change him and then swaddle him and he's off to sleep. He's been waking up twice at night and then he even takes a nap right after his 7-8 am feed. He then has about a two hour awake period and then sleeps/nurses on and off for the rest of the afternoon. He's awake for two hours after Trey goes to bed and then is ready for his bath and bedtime. The kid can eat! He takes roughly 10-15 minutes to eat each time and that holds him over for about 2 hours. He weighed 7lbs 90z at his appointment last Thursday and was up to 8lbs 6 1/2 Oz today at his appointment. What a chunk! He's such a good baby! I'm hoping that it sticks. :)

Trey has been adjusting fine to having a new baby brother. We can't get him to hold him, but he has burped and patted him. He also gave him a kiss goodnight tonight. He definitely has been hamming it up more, but he hasn't shown any signs of jealousy thus far...I'm sure that he will have his moments. I have to admit that I am nervous to have both boys all by myself for a whole day, which will occur after J, goes back to work this Wednesday. I'm most nervous about being in the middle of a nursing session and for Trey to have to use the bathroom. He has to go right away when he says he does, so that could get hairy. :) J has been such a big help and it will be a sad day in the Enright house when he has to go back to work! Thanks for everything babe! :)

I'm still in awe how God graces us with enough love for more than one child! I worried so much about this my whole pregnancy and I'm so amazed at how your heart just instantly adores your new baby! I feel so blessed!

Here are some more pictures from Brohdy's birthday and after:



























Comments