
Treyton is 18 months, which means we are creeping up on the lovely age of two. Goodness! It’s seems unreal that this little dark haired, wild man is a toddler and soon to be big brother. It goes by much too quickly.
Here are some highlights of Trey’s adventure to 18 months:
-He’s at the testing age, which has actually improved so much over the past few weeks! He was touching or throwing stuff to see what our reaction would be. I think that he’s realizing that mama and dada aren’t going to give him much of one, but a timeout or a love tap, so he’s slowly giving up. My friend and neighbor Katie let me borrow this awesome book by Jim Fay & Charles Fay called, “Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years.” It was such an awesome read and made me realize how my reactions would affect Trey. I’m able to stay very calm and almost laugh inside if Trey is being naughty. I look at each naughty episode as an opportunity to teach Trey a lesson on how to become a well mannered child. I refuse to have an unkind child, which I know will happen more often than I would like it to, but at least I’ll use each occurrence as lesson. Trey has yet to utter the word no, which is actually pretty humorous since I know that I’ve used it here and there, but not excessively. I think that actions are stronger than words and he’s learning what he can and can’t get away with. I always say that my biggest fear is having a child who is unkind to other kids, which is why I believe it’s so important for him to learn manners NOW! We love this little booger more than we can even begin to explain and I know that he will be thankful for his boundaries one day. We call it tough love. :)
-Now on to the fun stuff! Trey is learning more and more words every day. He has started to repeat what we say, so I can no longer call the bad driver in front of me a jack a**. I love hearing his sweet little voice sputter out words. My favorite is still mama.
-He’s still a super organizer! He loves to organize similar shapes and sizes. His favorite item is still his dada’s travel mug. Dada got a new LL Bean one from Trey for Christmas, so Trey has been ecstatic to have his dad’s old one all day!
-He can say elbow and point it. He also says and knows where his facial features are.
-He loves to read! FINALLY! He will actually sit still and listen to us read books. He grabs books all day and pats the couch (which means read in his language.) The best is when he snuggles up to us and turns the pages.
-He refuses to watch any type of TV unless it’s the news or football.
-He’s still our all-star sleeper. He prefers up to 12-13 hours at night and 3 more for his nap. Today he slept from 7-9. I guess he wanted to sleep in on his 18 month birthday!
-He loves his mama’s belly. :)
-He’s turning into quite the snuggle bug. He loves to give us hugs and kisses throughout the day. Ahhh…it’s the best!
-Our next adventure is potty training! Wish us luck. :)
Jason and I absolutely love watching his little personality come through. He has proven to be quite the observer. It takes him about 5 minutes to get going if we are at a new place or new people come over. Then the madness breaks out. I know that the twos have a bad reputation, but I truly do think that this age is so much fun! The good definitely outweighs the bad.
Happy 18 months love-a-bub!! We can’t wait for you to become a big brother! Thank you for bringing so much joy to each and every day!
Here are some highlights of Trey’s adventure to 18 months:
-He’s at the testing age, which has actually improved so much over the past few weeks! He was touching or throwing stuff to see what our reaction would be. I think that he’s realizing that mama and dada aren’t going to give him much of one, but a timeout or a love tap, so he’s slowly giving up. My friend and neighbor Katie let me borrow this awesome book by Jim Fay & Charles Fay called, “Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years.” It was such an awesome read and made me realize how my reactions would affect Trey. I’m able to stay very calm and almost laugh inside if Trey is being naughty. I look at each naughty episode as an opportunity to teach Trey a lesson on how to become a well mannered child. I refuse to have an unkind child, which I know will happen more often than I would like it to, but at least I’ll use each occurrence as lesson. Trey has yet to utter the word no, which is actually pretty humorous since I know that I’ve used it here and there, but not excessively. I think that actions are stronger than words and he’s learning what he can and can’t get away with. I always say that my biggest fear is having a child who is unkind to other kids, which is why I believe it’s so important for him to learn manners NOW! We love this little booger more than we can even begin to explain and I know that he will be thankful for his boundaries one day. We call it tough love. :)
-Now on to the fun stuff! Trey is learning more and more words every day. He has started to repeat what we say, so I can no longer call the bad driver in front of me a jack a**. I love hearing his sweet little voice sputter out words. My favorite is still mama.
-He’s still a super organizer! He loves to organize similar shapes and sizes. His favorite item is still his dada’s travel mug. Dada got a new LL Bean one from Trey for Christmas, so Trey has been ecstatic to have his dad’s old one all day!
-He can say elbow and point it. He also says and knows where his facial features are.
-He loves to read! FINALLY! He will actually sit still and listen to us read books. He grabs books all day and pats the couch (which means read in his language.) The best is when he snuggles up to us and turns the pages.
-He refuses to watch any type of TV unless it’s the news or football.
-He’s still our all-star sleeper. He prefers up to 12-13 hours at night and 3 more for his nap. Today he slept from 7-9. I guess he wanted to sleep in on his 18 month birthday!
-He loves his mama’s belly. :)
-He’s turning into quite the snuggle bug. He loves to give us hugs and kisses throughout the day. Ahhh…it’s the best!
-Our next adventure is potty training! Wish us luck. :)
Jason and I absolutely love watching his little personality come through. He has proven to be quite the observer. It takes him about 5 minutes to get going if we are at a new place or new people come over. Then the madness breaks out. I know that the twos have a bad reputation, but I truly do think that this age is so much fun! The good definitely outweighs the bad.
Happy 18 months love-a-bub!! We can’t wait for you to become a big brother! Thank you for bringing so much joy to each and every day!
Comments
Post a Comment